• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Episode count question

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Primus

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:40 am Reply with quote
I'm wondering what amount of episodes should be added for Beywarriors Cyborg. The series has 26 regular episodes as well as 2 "specials." When the show was initially announced, the latter were intended to be an hour long, but according to the run time on U-Next, the final product is regular length (though still marked as special episodes).

Should it be listed as 26 or 28? I suspect these were meant to be aired individually of the show, but the release pattern for this series has been a mess. Beywarriors Cyborg was produced for the west, but never got anything outside of a partial release in Italy. It was released in Japan, though only on SVOD platforms where all of the episodes dropped the same day. There were complete TV runs on Toonami Asia, Minika Go in Turkey and Yey! in the Philippines, but I have no idea if they aired the specials.
horseradish

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:57 pm Reply with quote
d-rights lists "30min × 26 episodes + 2 special episodes". allcinema also lists 26 episodes and 2 specials. Specials are usually added to the Episode titles section without affecting Number of episodes count or as a separate entry. Entering 26 for Number of episodes while listing the 2 specials in Episode titles with remarks that they are specials is reasonable.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1