• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Attack on Titan Manga Has 71 Million Copies in Print

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KH91

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:02 pm Reply with quote
Congrats on over 70 million. Considering its in the final arc now, I doubt it'll reach 100 million. But anything is possible.
The Hansond Jaysond Lee

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:13 pm Reply with quote
KH91 wrote:
Considering its in the final arc now, I doubt it'll reach 100 million. But anything is possible.

Was there a confirmation that the current arc is gonna be the last one?
Did i missed this?
tintor2

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:45 pm Reply with quote
The Hansond Jaysond Lee wrote:
KH91 wrote:
Considering its in the final arc now, I doubt it'll reach 100 million. But anything is possible.

Did i missed this?

I don't think it was mentioned by the publisher but spoiler[it kind of looks like it because Eren's Titan powers highly reduced his lifespan and the timeskip made it look like he is on last missions]
Serinox

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:48 pm Reply with quote
The Hansond Jaysond Lee wrote:
KH91 wrote:

Did i missed this?

Dunno if this is what KH91 was referring to, but there in the "End of 2017" post on Isayama's blog, there was a passage that was translated like this:

Quote:
“And then, thanks to everyone, Snk series reached 100 chapters this year. Thank you very much for calling until now! (**Note: I feel Isayama made a typo here since the Japanese words for “reading” and “calling” have the same keyboard input.) I wish you can follow this manga until the end of its story, which will come as soon as possible!
By the way, I was often asked about something like ‘didn’t the editor’s office say the story had been stretched?’ I know there is an impression like that, but to me, in fact I don’t think particularly in that way. If you ask me whether it is true, I’d rather say ‘if it gets stretched, isn’t it very bad to the whole sense of completeness of the story?’ I fear things like that will happen.
Same as other people, I also think it better to keep the length short… Although this is what I have in my mind, when I actually implement the ideas appropriately, the story gets inevitably long…”
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1