• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Saga of Tanya the Evil Franchise Has 'Important Announcement' Next Week

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
H. Guderian

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:52 am Reply with quote
Last time I got hyped for a Special Announcement I think it was a new version of a BD. So I have now tempered my expectations to these special announcements.

I'd hope for a season two.
Nordhmmer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:29 am Reply with quote
Mavado wrote:
AnimeFlyz wrote:
Quote:
I also hope that it is a second season as the ending of the first season has left me craving for more. Is there enough material, however, for a second season at the time of this post? If someone can provide an answer to that, I would appreciate it.

There is plenty of material to adapt. Season 1 only covered Volumes 1, 2 and most of 3. The Light Novel is extremely popular in Japan and Volume 9 will be coming out later this month.
Really? Based on some spoilers I saw, I expected it to be over already. Is the conflict still going or did they just move on to the next war?

spoiler[ The light novel's overall point of view is that of historians researching the war,in particular whether the "Devil of the Rhine" is myth or fact.]

spoiler[Tanya's world is following an alternative WWI&WWII-
The Fall of not-France leads not-Germany to send troops the not-North Africa(lead by Rommel).In the meantime not-Soviet Union attacks not-Germany and the not-Battle of Britain begins.Much happens and on the Eastern Front not Germany claims victory but was defeated on the Western Front(a not D Day)...and now we wait for volume 9]

Now with the web novel the War is spoiler[ over,Tanya is still alive and living in the not USA-not Germany lost]
UncleDrew

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:06 am Reply with quote
Was not that kinda of a series to hype but still enjoyable. Overall good to have this than other thrash
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:20 am Reply with quote
I agree, I hope it is an anime announcement, and not some type of secondary announcement for a browser game, or the many other types of things already mentioned.
Alexandre Martins

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:43 am Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
I'm hoping for a new season.

I heard there were rumors this was planned for a split cour or something in the past.

I'm not so sure. I've read the LNs and it's just more of the same all the time. Sure, he comes up with new adversaries and countries for Tanya to fight,

SPOILERS WHICH I DON'T THINK WILL MAKE IT INTO THE ANIME AS THEY DIDN'T SO FAR

and the gods keep messing with her (in the LNs, it's clear Existence X is actually several gods, perhaps all of them, not the Christian on specifically, even though his rotten personality would fit better with the latter), but major focus (the thing I liked the most about the anime) is still on the battles and war strategies. But I found the ending of S1 eminently satisfactory and don't see the point of just repeating the story in new locations.
DeTroyes

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:58 am Reply with quote
Here's hoping for a Season 2. This was one of my favorite shows from 2017, and I've been hoping it would be continued.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:06 am Reply with quote
Like others, I hope this is season two, but I also know that companies have a different definition of "important" than the general public, and I've yet to see them call anything a "minor announcement."
meiam

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:09 am Reply with quote
OMG so excited Pachinko!!!!!!!
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:00 pm Reply with quote
Hopefully it will be another season
Toonces

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:58 pm Reply with quote
I'm expecting this is a new season announcement. On a Crunchycast after the first season ended, they basically said that NUT was planning/hoping to make a new season sometime soon, so that would fit with this.

I enjoyed the first season, so hopefully that's what this ends up being.
Nordhmmer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:47 pm Reply with quote
Alexandre Martins wrote:

SPOILERS WHICH I DON'T THINK WILL MAKE IT INTO THE ANIME AS THEY DIDN'T SO FAR
But I found the ending of S1 eminently satisfactory and don't see the point of just repeating the story in new locations.

LOL pretty much 3/4'ers of that paragraph is a spoiler.Though you have mistaken the spoiler[archangels for gods.The archangels are the ones "messing" with Tanya,along with Mary,in order to increase the faith in Being X. As that is Being X's goal to increase the faithful..which the basis on how the not-Soviet Union got pulled into the War.
Being X claims to be "the God of the Bible, the one that gave the 10 commandments to Moses." Yes there are other Gods mentioned but Being X is the one "messing" with Tanya.]
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:09 pm Reply with quote
Even if we get good news (i.e., "It is a new anime project"), they'll probably keep us on the hook for a while as to the format (new series, OVA, movie).
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:11 pm Reply with quote
I hope it's a second season but it could be something dumb like a BD box set rather than individual volumes or some F-tier stage play.

ultimatehaki wrote:
What's the point of these announcement teases?

It generates a buzz. Even if it's just someone coming in to say "what's the point of these"... threads across the globe get bumped to the top of their forum and press release based marketing wins again.
DeTroyes

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:43 pm Reply with quote
Mr. sickVisionz wrote:
I hope it's a second season but it could be something dumb like a BD box set rather than individual volumes or some F-tier stage play.

Pachinko. With our luck, it'll be a Pachinko game.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:46 pm Reply with quote
Well, if it is a pachinko game, I hope it takes over Akihabara like Madoka Magica pachinko did.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3