• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Saga of Tanya the Evil Franchise Has 'Important Announcement' Next Week

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KH91

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:23 pm Reply with quote
Looking forward to the live-action movie. Wink
Alexandre Martins

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:33 pm Reply with quote
KH91 wrote:
Looking forward to the live-action movie. Wink

I hope that, for the first time in forever, like, ever, we get a good live action adaptation, but can't imagine how. For me, Tanya being the midget she is is one of her major physical characteristics as a loli, which makes it even funnier when we recall that she inside she is a dirty, perverted, selfish 40-year-old bastard, so just casting (as I'm sure they will) a normal Japanese kid with an obviously fake blond wig (sorry, but I've never seen a live action of any anime that rose above these levels) will totally destroy it for me. Not counting that they're all meant to be European, not Japanese.
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:50 pm Reply with quote
Alexandre Martins wrote:

...inside she is a dirty, perverted, selfish 40-year-old bastard,...

Care to cite an example of what made you think this? My impression was that he was closer to be asexual.
Key

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:02 am Reply with quote
TheAncientOne wrote:
Alexandre Martins wrote:

...inside she is a dirty, perverted, selfish 40-year-old bastard,...

Care to cite an example of what made you think this? My impression was that he was closer to be asexual.

He definitely comes across that way in the anime. The first novel implies that he had normal sexual urges in his former life, but nothing has yet indicated that he's explored anything like that as Tanya. (Admittedly, though, I'm not quite done with the first novel as I write this.)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Alexandre Martins

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:25 am Reply with quote
Key wrote:

He definitely comes across that way in the anime. The first novel implies that he had normal sexual urges in his former life, but nothing has yet indicated that he's explored anything like that as Tanya. (Admittedly, though, I'm not quite done with the first novel as I write this.)

Well, he says right before he is thrown in front of the train that he has all possible complexes. I took that to mean things like shiscon, lolicon, etc.
ultimatehaki

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:13 pm Reply with quote
Alexandre Martins wrote:
Key wrote:

Well, he says right before he is thrown in front of the train that he has all possible complexes. I took that to mean things like shiscon, lolicon, etc.

How and Why!? It means he has things like an inferiority complex or superiority complex, egotistical, hypocritical, or maybe he's a liar or arrogant, etc. These are the complexes he was talking about, not his fetishes.
fantaselion

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:32 pm Reply with quote
ultimatehaki wrote:
Alexandre Martins wrote:
Key wrote:

How and Why!? It means he has things like an inferiority complex or superiority complex, egotistical, hypocritical, or maybe he's a liar or arrogant, etc. These are the complexes he was talking about, not his fetishes.

Anime has corrupted his view of the world. Sad
StarchildStorm

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:11 pm Reply with quote
I should really get back to the show. Was rather enjoying it but just kind of fell out of watching it halfway through the season.
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:59 am Reply with quote
According to a report on another reputable site, apparently this is going to be a movie (and apparently one recapping the events of the series).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3