• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Ayana Taketatsu's Agency: Threat Suspect Was Not Her Fan Club Leader

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:15 am Reply with quote
Good riddance to scum. Now the police need to catch all the other ones.
Usagi-kun

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:29 pm Reply with quote
I commented about this on a previous article, but I'll add this poor girl has been through a lot if this goes all the way back to 2014. I hope she can now relax and have certainty that this is finally over. I hope it doesn't affect her career, confidence or sense of self worth.

Love you, Hotaru!
JeffreySweeney

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:41 pm Reply with quote
So the guy was an acquaintance? I'm so sure... Is that a nice way of saying someone is a stalker in Japan? Oh that guy following me, loitering around my house, probably ready to stab me to death at a moment's notice? Just an acquaintance! Nothing suspicious about it!
KH91

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:14 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
is a fan and acquaintance of Taketatsu who called himself a leader of her fan club.

So I guess that's why he said what he said. lol
Sparvid

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:22 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
the man arrested for allegedly sending a threatening email to Taketatsu was not a former leader of her fan club.

That makes more sense. I was wondering why that part was just a throwaway line in the first article, since that would've presumably meant that he at some point was some kind of official at the company and not just a random fan.

Quote:
Taketatsu said 10s or 100s of thousands of threatening emails have been sent over the past several years

This on the other hand makes no sense. I'm not at all saying that it didn't happen, just that it's mind-boggling to me. It's not like Taketatsu is some extremely famous superstar who sells out stadiums worldwide. The amount of people who know/care about who she is isn't that large, and I assume that a large majority of them would not think of sending messages like that. So that would mean that there's a small amount of people who each have been sending a ridiculously large amount of mails. You'd think they'd move on to something else after a while.
Polycell

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:36 pm Reply with quote
If we were to assume there were 100 thousand emails over four years, that works out to about 69 emails per day. That's not unbelievable if she has rabid haters who are hardcore enough to rent spambots.
SWAnimefan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:46 am Reply with quote
JeffreySweeney wrote:
So the guy was an acquaintance? I'm so sure... Is that a nice way of saying someone is a stalker in Japan? Oh that guy following me, loitering around my house, probably ready to stab me to death at a moment's notice? Just an acquaintance! Nothing suspicious about it!

Or maybe he became obsessive/ compulsive as fan and something triggered him. A rejection? Another fan getting better treatment? Or perhaps seeing Ayana with a guy? Because people don't start threatening to kill someone without some kind of justification (in their mind).

Thankfully, this scum was caught before something could've happened. As for the others, if they also threatened her, in time they too will be thrown in jail.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:45 am Reply with quote
It doesn't necessarily matter who sent Ayana-san those threats, it was stalking on a grand scale.

I can relate to the stalker in the sense of being unemployed. Sure, I spend a lot of my day browsing the web looking up LN/anime/manga, dogs, and copyright. However, I do make sure to spend some time searching/applying for jobs.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1