• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fate/Extra Last Encore Anime's TV Ad Previews T.M. Revolution's Opening Song

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LegitPancake

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:05 am Reply with quote
So I guess it seems unlikely CR/Funi or Aniplex will be getting this? Aniplex usually gets all of Shaft titles, and usually Fate titles, but Apocrypha kinda breaks that pattern.
Vannil

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:47 am Reply with quote
I can't wait to see this in thenext 6-12 months!
Chiyosuke

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:48 am Reply with quote
LegitPancake wrote:
So I guess it seems unlikely CR/Funi or Aniplex will be getting this? Aniplex usually gets all of Shaft titles, and usually Fate titles, but Apocrypha kinda breaks that pattern.

In an extremely technical sense, history proves that is false (as far as Shaft is concerned) but I assume you mean streaming-wise which I guess would kinda make that a true starement. AoA might still end up releasing the physicals if their parent is involved (which they were for Devilman crybaby [no word on physicals with that yet]). *goes to check*

Edit: Yep, Aniplex is there...
grooven

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:29 pm Reply with quote
TM revolution OP HELL yes!
DDragonking

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:30 pm Reply with quote
So let me get this straight as far as we know we have no idea whether this is going to be on Crunchyroll or Netflix outside of Japan
Chiyosuke

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:16 pm Reply with quote
DDragonking wrote:
So let me get this straight as far as we know we have no idea whether this is going to be on Crunchyroll or Netflix outside of Japan

Looking at this

Quote:
The series will premiere at 24:00 on January 27 (effectively midnight on January 28) on the Tokyo MX, Gunma TV, Tochigi TV, and BS11 channels. It will then debut at 27:30 on January 30 (3:30 a.m. on January 31) on MBS. The anime will "exclusively" stream on Netflix beginning on January 31

It's sounding like Violet Evergarden part deuce. Heads will roll.
AsuraTheDestructor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:24 pm Reply with quote
I can’t be the only one who thinks that Saber with big Shaft eyes is the cutest version of her, am I?
GoldCrusader

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:40 pm Reply with quote
Woild be cool if Netflix could simulcast it too, but I'll watch it when it will be available.
Feli1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:20 pm Reply with quote
Just don't be another Apocrypha......soo much potential lost....
Jonny Mendes

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:52 pm Reply with quote
AsuraTheDestructor wrote:
I can’t be the only one who thinks that Saber with big Shaft eyes is the cutest version of her, am I?
I don't know if this can be called a spoiler but
Fate/Extra Saber is spoiler[Nero Claudius] and of course is different for the usual Saber from Fate/stay night. But also Shaft magic hands also have a part and i agree that is cute. But still i prefer Fate /stay night Saber.
brynhild

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:43 pm Reply with quote
LegitPancake wrote:

Aniplex of America still licensed Fate/Apocrypha despite the netflix streaming. This will probably be the same cause as it's shaft and fate in one.
junkozero

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:01 am Reply with quote
LegitPancake wrote:

First of all... Fate/Apocrypha was A-1 pictures...which, if you don't know, is Aniplex

2nd Aniplex has both Apocrypha and Extra (some Extra promos have the Aniplex logo on them). Extra is being produced by Aniplex, Marvelous and Notes
amc9988

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:25 am Reply with quote
AsuraTheDestructor wrote:

If you look at the original material for extra games that is exactly how this saber look like. Shaft just being consistent with the original materials for extra series
LegitPancake

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:42 am Reply with quote
junkozero wrote:
LegitPancake wrote:

First of all... Fate/Apocrypha was A-1 pictures...which, if you don't know, is Aniplex

2nd Aniplex has both Apocrypha and Extra (some Extra promos have the Aniplex logo on them). Extra is being produced by Aniplex, Marvelous and Notes

I apologize, I did not mean producers, I meant their licensors Aniplex of America. Though it seems AoA technically is the licensor of Apocrypha as they have home video rights, just not streaming rights.
KH91

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:03 pm Reply with quote
Takanori with another great song. As expected.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1