• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Amazon Prime Video - Worst Streaming Platform Ever?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:26 am Reply with quote
Well, Anime Strike may be dead, but Amazon Prime's technical skill still blows big hairy yak dong. Killing Bites dropped Friday in the US but it still hasn't shown up for me here in the Great White North. I was forced to viddy it from a non-legit aggregator site which I only do as a last resort. I don't have time for AP to get off its useless ass.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:36 am Reply with quote
Yeah, and we dont have Beatless while you guys do
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:01 pm Reply with quote
Tradsies?

Just so I'm clear, do you mean Beatless hasn't shown up on US Amazon Prime yet or it's not going to at all? Because I'm starting to think maybe Killing Bites isn't going to be carried by Canadian AP for some reason.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:03 pm Reply with quote
hasn't shown up yet since i last checked this morning
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:06 am Reply with quote
So Killing Bites has finally showed up for me a week after it was supposed to.

*clap*

*clap*

*clap*
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:36 am Reply with quote
Last week when I was looking for Beatless I eventually figured out what was wrong. It was there but I couldn't find it. It wasn't showing in the anime/animation genre listings, it wasn't showing as a "newly added show" and if you did a search by title it assumed you couldn't spell and gave you results for The Beatles. I was only able to add it when the ANN Preview guide provided the direct link (although I only noticed that a day or two after it was added to the guide.

Now... it's finally showing up in the newly added TV series (you have to sort it by "newest arrivals" and go two pages in- as they are sorted by newest episode arrivals).
But you still get The Beatles if you search by title and NONE of the new anime are showing in the Animation genre tab. Mad
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:54 am Reply with quote
I always use the search bar to initially find shows... I ran into the Beatles thing, too, but it eventually worked. Of course, as soon as there's an episode 1, you can hit the Add Season to Watchlist button and be done with it.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:47 am Reply with quote
It's been a little while since I've had anything to bitch about but... episode 4 of Beatless, which was supposed to have dropped on Feb. 2 is still nowhere to be found for me. I'm not as bitter as I'd normally be because although I'm watching the show, so far, it is far from one of my favourites. If it was an eppie of Killing Bites or Kokkoku, I'd really be gnashing my teeth.
catstigereye

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:43 pm Reply with quote
I had Amazon prime just a few months ago. They dropped the Anike Strike pay Wall just before my membership ended. While using the platform in your amazon account settings you can set subtitles. While in the Amazon player you need to click the CC button to turn on subtitles during viewing. It’s not automatic for prime. Hope that helps!
louis6578

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:08 am Reply with quote
Now that I've signed up, I can honestly say that I'm unimpressed. This stuff is convenient for most things, but only if they're in spoken English already, and ONLY if Amazon prime is the only resource to legally watch them. I mean, closed caption subtitles!? Augh!!! Even Hulu knows better.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:50 pm Reply with quote
I've discovered a new problem to bitch about. It's minor, but still irritating. AP has a function where if you hit an Add Season to Watchlist button for a specific show, that show will appear in the Watch Next TV and Movies row near the top of your home page. This is a handy feature for finding the shows you are watching week by week, quickly. I had been following Beatless, but then dropped it and hit the Remove Season from Watchlist button that is supposed to - duh - remove it from my Watchlist. Nope. No matter what I do, the show cannot be taken off the Watchlist. Unbelievable.
sawasawa116

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:10 pm Reply with quote
pluvia33 wrote:
Soooo, I was thinking about making a new forum post about this, but figured I'd ask here first:

Is Anime Strike dead now??

I use too like anime strike before amazon took it down the shithole and push content to prime subscription channel Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
zawa113

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:43 am Reply with quote
My friend has Amazon Prime (which I am going to need to bum off her to watch Banana Fish), and she was showing me the set up at her house, and she was mentioning how much she hated their menu set up. After watching for about 20 seconds, I went "there's no rhyme or reason to how anything is set up!" so even if they had something you'd want, good luck finding it apparently! Netflix has a whole category of just "anime", is that really so hard?

My main concern right now, is that Banana Fish is a noitaminA show. Unlike other anime on Prime, like Made in Abyss or Land of the Lustrous, it seems like their noitaminA shows aren't getting any sort of physical release. The only one I've seen getting one (since their exclusive thing started) is Kabaneri, and that only got it maybe 6 weeks or so ago. Are they just going to sit on their noitaminA shows and never let them see home bluray, or are they just gonna wait like 2 years? I was really looking forward to maybe getting a nice LE release of Banana Fish, but now it just seems like a pipe dream. Also, Amazon seems to have all territories, so I can't even hope for a European one or something? Is noitaminA's only physical releases going to be in Japan only or something? At least until they either end their Amazon deal or make a new one with someone else? Unlike Netflix, who does release some of their more popular original series on DVD/bluray, it seems like Amazon is content to just.... not (looking at their live action catalogue, anyway)
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:39 am Reply with quote
@ classicalzawa: Amazon's home page does have an Anime TV and Movies section but you may have to scroll down on your friend's page to find it. I have it as the third option on my home page, but that is probably because I watch only anime on AP and so an algorithm puts it there.

I share your concern about the home release fate of noitanimA shows. I guess we'll just have to wait and see how that shakes out.
yuna49

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:27 am Reply with quote
I don't see why people think Amazon is involved with physical releases. Most of the shows they carry are licensed by Sentai or, sometimes, Aniplex. They're the ones you should be focusing on.

I also don't think noitaminA has a very good track record when it comes to North America. Many shows have been carried in that slot that never received a physical release over here, e.g., Moyashimon and Nodame Cantabile. I don't see anyone rushing to put out a release of Fune wo Amu ("The Great Passage") either. Mononoke is one of the all-time best-selling noitaminA shows in Japan. It took seven years before Cinedigm released it here, and when they did, it flew entirely under the radar as far as I can tell.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6