• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: This Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon Yu-Gi-Oh Card is "One-of-a-Kind"

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KH91

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:54 pm Reply with quote
Breaking news: Seto Kaiba has awoken from his coma and is on his way to buy that card before going to Duelist Kingdom.

Quote:
And it's on sale for 45 million yen

It's only right to price it as such. Good thing Kaz didn't make Ultimate's ATK the total of 3 BEWD, but instead halved it. lol
MajinAkuma

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:13 pm Reply with quote
Even to this day, the regular Blue-Eyes is the strongest Normal Monster. However, the artwork of this Ultimate Dragon makes her look really ugly. Blue-Eyes White Alternate Dragon may look like she's on steroids, she does look gorgeous. I think Neo Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon is the most beautiful Ultimate Dragon.
DamianSalazar

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:20 pm Reply with quote
I've watched a lot of Yugioh Abridged, and I can predict Seto Kaiba going all the way to get that one-of-a-kind blue eyes and possibly marry it.
Stuart Smith

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:14 pm Reply with quote
I still have my Kaiba Structure deck which has a Japanese, English, and Chinese Blue Eyes White Dragon to mirror the series where only 4 exist in the wor!d on display with the Yugi and Jounouchi ones.

-Stuart Smith
Top Gun

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:09 pm Reply with quote
*insert obvious meme here* Very Happy
Lord Oink

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:22 am Reply with quote
This is the strongest killing machine, the ultimate form of Duel Monsters... comeforth, Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon! "
joe_g7

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:04 am Reply with quote
So the guy tried to sell it for almost a billion dollars, what a retard.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:15 pm Reply with quote
Well, going for almost a billion US dollars is a bit much, but settling for only 400,000 dollars seems a bit bi-polar. Should have tried for a few million, and then try for 400,000.
writerpatrick

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:45 pm Reply with quote
TarsTarkas wrote:
Well, going for almost a billion US dollars is a bit much, but settling for only 400,000 dollars seems a bit bi-polar. Should have tried for a few million, and then try for 400,000.

The initial asking price only goes to show how out of touch with reality the owner was. Even a one million dollar price was too much. The fad is dying down and it's likely they wouldn't find anyone willing to pay more than a few hundred dollars for the card.
russ869

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:28 pm Reply with quote
Stuart Smith wrote:
I still have my Kaiba Structure deck which has a Japanese, English, and Chinese Blue Eyes White Dragon to mirror the series where only 4 exist in the world.

Fascinating. I forgot about this. I wonder if there is any hint canonically as to what language the 4th Blue-Eyes was published in. In what other country are "Magic the Gathering"-style card games popular? Except presumably, wouldn't the Japanese card be Suguroku's which Kaiba tore up and therefore not one of the ones that Kaiba ever used (except for the brief time when he had stolen it)? Probably in the manga they were all in Japanese. I think only the god cards were given different language text in the manga (they were all in English).
KH91

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:18 pm Reply with quote
russ869 wrote:
Fascinating. I forgot about this. I wonder if there is any hint canonically as to what language the 4th Blue-Eyes was published in. In what other country are "Magic the Gathering"-style card games popular? Except presumably, wouldn't the Japanese card be Suguroku's which Kaiba tore up and therefore not one of the ones that Kaiba ever used (except for the brief time when he had stolen it)? Probably in the manga they were all in Japanese. I think only the god cards were given different language text in the manga (they were all in English).

Kaiba explained in the manga after his duel with Sugoroku. The 4 BE's he got were owned by collectors around the world. The one's he got were from an American, German, and Hong Konger. The 4th being Sugoroku's, which he got from his American friend. Yes, all the cards were written in Japanese in the Japanese manga. The God card's were the only cards written in English in the Japanese manga.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1