• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Netflix Lists Kakegurui Anime for February 1 in U.S., U.K.

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
64BitRatchet

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:05 am Reply with quote
This was way too long. One of the only times I am ok with piracy are shows Netflix licenses, and then holds on to for months, as long as you already pay for Netflix.
CatSword

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:19 am Reply with quote
It's about time. Thankfully I didn't cave and watch a fansub so I'll be watching this right after I wrap up Evangelion this month.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
GoldCrusader

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:27 am Reply with quote
3 to 4 months is still within the normal Netflix delay. With all they have/had on their plate in term of dubbing and all, I think it's decent enough . The show probably also wasn't a priority for them.

Not sure I'll check it out though. Doesn't seem like my kind of show.
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:35 am Reply with quote
Finally. Would have liked an announcement sooner but I’ll take it. Now if only they would formally announce getting the second (full) season of Seven Deadly Sins and Fate/Extra.
LegitPancake

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:12 am Reply with quote
Wow Kakegurui took forever. Honestly I would’ve rather gotten Violet Evergarden in the US first, but from screenshots of the Netflix translation I’ve seen online, apparently the fansubs are getting the right point across. So I think my first time watching is better with the fansubs, but I’ll probably watch the dub when Netflix finally gives us the show.
MarkyMarc413

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:25 am Reply with quote
LegitPancake wrote:
Wow Kakegurui took forever. Honestly I would’ve rather gotten Violet Evergarden in the US first, but from screenshots of the Netflix translation I’ve seen online, apparently the fansubs are getting the right point across. So I think my first time watching is better with the fansubs, but I’ll probably watch the dub when Netflix finally gives us the show.

Wow, those Netflix subs are pretty awful. Is the English dub script at least a bit closer? I can only hope...

-Marc.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:44 am Reply with quote
LegitPancake wrote:
In Japan people do not call people by their first names unless they are close to them, so the second one
CatSword

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:05 pm Reply with quote
MarkyMarc413 wrote:
LegitPancake wrote:

Wow, those Netflix subs are pretty awful. Is the English dub script at least a bit closer? I can only hope...

-Marc.

The dub's similar, because I watched that scene dubbed initially and had no idea what on earth was meant by it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
LegitPancake

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:06 pm Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:
In Japan people do not call people by their first names unless they are close to them, so the second one

No....Claudia’s parents wanted a girl and so gave him a girl’s name, which embarrasses him. Cattleya says she wouldn’t want to say a girl’s name in bed, but the Netflix subs make it sound like Claudia wants a girl and that they are already intimate.
64BitRatchet

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:12 pm Reply with quote
GoldCrusader wrote:
3 to 4 months is still within the normal Netflix delay. With all they have/had on their plate in term of dubbing and all, I think it's decent enough . The show probably also wasn't a priority for them.

Netflix used to release shows with a dub like a week after they finished airing (Knights of Sidonia, Ajin). They also released Sinbad and each of the Kuromukuro cours subbed a few weeks later, and dubbed a few months after that.
GoldCrusader

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:24 pm Reply with quote
64BitRatchet wrote:
GoldCrusader wrote:

Netflix used to release shows with a dub like a week after they finished airing (Knights of Sidonia, Ajin). They also released Sinbad and each of the Kuromukuro cours subbed a few weeks later, and dubbed a few months after that.

I mean Polygon shows coming out sooner then anything else makes sense. They are a studio known for their rock solid production schedule. Ajin was supposed to be 10 episode done when it started airing in Japan. Dubbing a show like that would be much faster. I doubt Kakeguri had that much of a solid production schedule. Sub releases must not have done that well for them considering they didn't continue. So yes 3 months is still in the normal Netflix range for dubs.
klv
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:39 pm Reply with quote
HOORAY IT IS COMING OUT FINALLY
TheMorry

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:47 pm Reply with quote
I just checked the Netherlands Netflix. I can confirm it listed for February 1 in the Netherlands as well.
Joshua Zarate

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:44 pm Reply with quote
About time. I now have my plans for that date. I don’t know why this couldn’t have simply been released last year, but whatever, now I’ll finally get to watch anime school girls go crazy with gambling.
relyat08

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:12 pm Reply with quote
I guess I'll be watching this at the beginning of February, and then be able to marathon through Apocrypha more or less right after I finish.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2