• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Internal Errors

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thatoneonfire

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:58 pm Reply with quote
So for probably over a month now at least 80% of the time I try and click on an article for the first time I get an error message that says, "oops, sorry, there has been an internal error." making the article unaccessible. For a little while I had been solving this problem by deleting the last string of number at the end of the urls and then reloading, which caused a direct link to the article and then allowed me to read it. However, in the past few days I have not had any success with this solution, and I'm wondering if the problem is on me or on the servers here.

Edit I also noticed that when I try and go under the "new anime" tab to get to articles it comes up as this:
https://imgur.com/wf99NW7
Not entirely sure what that's all about, but it's definitely related to the problem so thought I should post it here.
katrinkat
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:34 pm Reply with quote
I have the exact same issue, but it's not 80%--it's all of the pages. I can load the homepage, but that's it. Any other articles I click on or links from the homepage all result in "Oops, Sorry, there has been an internal error" message.

However, my issue only occurs on Google Chrome and only when I'm accessing it from a laptop. There are no loading issues on my phone and tablet. In addition, on my laptop, Microsoft Edge can load all of the pages without a problem.

This issue has been going on for about a month for me too. I think it may have something to do the fast.animenewsnetwork.com domain. When I delete the "fast" part of the URL, the page reloads just fine. It flashes for a moment as just animenewsnetwork.com, then becomes fast. animenewsnetwork.com again, only this time the page actually loads.

Hopefully ANN can get this fixed, since I access the website primarily from my laptop. Thanks for any tips or fixes.

UPDATE: I coordinated with Tempest and this was apparently just an issue that was affecting me, versus a site-wide issue. Simply clearing my cookies and cache in my Google Chrome settings did the trick. Glad it was an easy fix--thanks to ANN and Tempest for following up with me on it!

Last edited by katrinkat on Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:04 am; edited 1 time in total
thatoneonfire

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:51 am Reply with quote
@katrinkat

Yeah I've been using Google Chrome to view this site as well. I've never seen the "fast" site before but I think I might have fixed the problem (at least for me). I cleared my browser history on GC and now the site loads just fine. I did it for just a few weeks out and so far there's been no problem loading the site or accessing anything. Maybe try that and see if it helps?
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:52 pm Reply with quote
If it is only happening in one browser on one machine, it is almost certainly the browser. If it affected Chrome in general there would be more than two reports, so it is probably a caching issue like thatoneonfire says, or plugin-related. The quick way to confirm this is to try viewing the page in incognito mode, which disables both caching and extensions.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:31 pm Reply with quote
@thatoneonfire

You haven't seen the fast server because it is a benefit for subscribers.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1