• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Aikatsu Friends! Debuts in April as 3rd Aikatsu Idol TV Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yune Amagiri

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:06 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, it's going to happen for Pripara too, most likely Smile
raycat27_2003

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:40 pm Reply with quote
Yune Amagiri wrote:

I'm not too up to date on that, but I think they've already announced that like a week or 2 ago.
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:40 pm Reply with quote
Looks like we got a case of following the competition and it looks better than Pri-chan.
Yune Amagiri

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:13 am Reply with quote
raycat27_2003 wrote:
Yune Amagiri wrote:

I'm not too up to date on that, but I think they've already announced that like a week or 2 ago.

Exactly, forgot about the Pretty All Friends announcement
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:20 am Reply with quote
So Stars is ending but at less Aikatsu! isnt ending but kind of a shame was hoping for more of all 3 girls would come togeather again for a few move episodes
tootbrush

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:59 am Reply with quote
Yune Amagiri wrote:
Exactly, forgot about the Pretty All Friends announcement

PriPara's replacement is Kiratto PriChan, announced just the day before yesterday.

Pretty All Friends is something we don't know much about. Now it seems unlikely that it's a TV series, but if it is, it's probably something pointless like All Star Selection.

Aikatsu Friends! looks a bit safe, but I suppose the duos have great yuri potential.
BlackPoint.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:39 am Reply with quote
Judging by the cover no more Yume and the co...which kinda sux because this last arc wasnt really that great and was kinda hoping after it would be over it could step up its game again and be as good as it was befor this latest arc. So yeh anyway really a shame because it still had bunch of potential which seem to go to waste, guess they will try their luck with a complete new cast hopefully it wont dissapoint even more...
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:48 am Reply with quote
BlackPoint. wrote:
Judging by the cover no more Yume and the co...which kinda sux because this last arc wasnt really that great and was kinda hoping after it would be over it could step up its game again and be as good as it was befor this latest arc. So yeh anyway really a shame because it still had bunch of potential which seem to go to waste, guess they will try their luck with a complete new cast hopefully it wont dissapoint even more...

Yeah it will be sad not having Aria back, seriously Aikatsu Stars has all of the best girls compared to Idol Time Pripara which has only a few (but at least Yui is a great main female protagonist and there's a lot of chemistry between her and Laala).
raycat27_2003

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:51 am Reply with quote
Now we need someone *coughFunicough* to pick it up. It's a long shot, but I'd like to have hope it'll happen.
CrimsonDX

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:30 pm Reply with quote
I don't want any American company to pick it up. Judging by how Pretty Cure was butchered, they wouldn't do this series justice at all.

Judging by the name, I hope they have more unit focus. I was kind of sad that there where basically no units in Aikatsu Stars. Only thing that really came close was Ako and Kirara as double muses.
BlackPoint.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:43 pm Reply with quote
Hoppy800 wrote:
BlackPoint. wrote:

Yeah it will be sad not having Aria back, seriously Aikatsu Stars has all of the best girls compared to Idol Time Pripara which has only a few (but at least Yui is a great main female protagonist and there's a lot of chemistry between her and Laala).

Ugh i still need to get back to Pripara dropped it at around ep50 where that new blond girl joined from the country kinda lost interest at that point once i feel like it ill pick it up again perhaps just didn't have that many characters that you would like to follow and cheer on as aikatsu has...
OjaruFan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:22 pm Reply with quote
raycat27_2003 wrote:
Now we need someone *coughFunicough* to pick it up. It's a long shot, but I'd like to have hope it'll happen.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but it's very unlikely to get licensed, unless if there's plans to launch the arcade game here. It operates on a "watch the show, then play the arcade game" model, so the licensor would much rather wait for someone to come at them and license the whole franchise, than for someone to license just the show, while the other stuff sits there.

Remember when the first series streamed on Daisuki, only for it to eventually get taken down? It's very likely that someone at the licensor was like "There's no need for this to stream in North America if the arcade game isn't available there as well!" That same situation shouldn't happen again.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1