• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll Adds Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid OVA, More Catalog Titles

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joshua Zarate

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:45 pm Reply with quote
Cool, more Dragon Maid to watch later today. I would watch Spice and Wolf, but since more anime for it is very unlikely to happen, I’ll continue avoiding the fate of forever longing for a third season of that show. (Not that I’m not also hoping for it, but it would hurt me more if I wanted more after watching the two seasons)
OjaruFan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:50 pm Reply with quote
I'm glad to hear that the first five seasons of Detective Conan have been added. I haven't watched any of the cel-animated episodes before, so this is a great time for me to start watching them.
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:03 pm Reply with quote
Nice to see nearly all of what is legally available of Conan in one place. Now we just need the 600 some episodes in between...

I’m totally down for more Dragon Maid as well.
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:09 pm Reply with quote
I would have liked to see Dragon Maid OVA on the home release, but I don't think that will be the case from what I read.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:09 pm Reply with quote
Nice. The Dragon Maid OVA is a good episode. If only Funimation would include it in their upcoming disc release of the series.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:44 pm Reply with quote
Punch Drunk Marc wrote:
I would have liked to see Dragon Maid OVA on the home release, but I don't think that will be the case from what I read.

Yeah, the timing of this comes too late since the home video releases in April. I suppose all we can do is wait and see if there is some sort of later physical release of the OVA. Funimation has done that before.

On the plus side, the Funimation shop page for Interviews with Monster Girls indicates it will have episode 13, which I would have been pretty disappointed not to see since Crunchyroll licensed that not long after the series finished airing.
FrameFreeze100

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:45 pm Reply with quote
Surprised Crunchy blindly used Funimation's episode numbering for Case Closed unless it's a licensing issue. One of the complaints IIRC was that several one hour episodes were divided in half which screws up the episode numbering count. Maybe Crunchy fixes this eventually or don't care until they someday acquire episodes 124-753 and then they do...
MJKS

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:03 pm Reply with quote
Appreciate the heads-up on Dragon Maid. Curious about S&WII being added to Crunchyroll but apparently not to VRV, where the sub of I and the dub of I and II are already available. Maybe it's just a matter of time while they prepare assets.
skyechan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:07 pm Reply with quote
Regarding Conan, I'm still mad the after credits sequence for The Naniwa Serial Murder Case (Ep. 118 Japanese count; Ep. 125 dub count) is still missing. spoiler[Heiji is seriously injured and in an ambulance and there's a nice scene between him and Kazuha, his childhood friend.] It was missing on every version of FUNimation's DVD releases.

I'm not quite sure if they somehow never received the footage for that part of the episode, or they simply never noticed. spoiler[I guess in the dub version Heiji died? =w=;;]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:52 am Reply with quote
Quote:
The Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid OVA is titled "Valentines and Hot Springs! (Please Don't Get Your Hopes Up)"

Rather than being a cautionary note to the characters, I take it that the episode's title is an effort to contain the audience's expectations.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:59 am Reply with quote
Zin5ki wrote:
Rather than being a cautionary note to the characters, I take it that the episode's title is an effort to contain the audience's expectations.

Yeah, I think all of the parenthetical parts of the episode titles in Dragon Maid are meant to break the fourth wall in some way.
Baggie_Saiyan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:52 am Reply with quote
After the awful cliché driven crap that was #13 I've lost all interest in Dragon Maid sadly. Such a great series until that 13th episode...
Joshua Zarate

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:53 pm Reply with quote
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
After the awful cliché driven crap that was #13 I've lost all interest in Dragon Maid sadly. Such a great series until that 13th episode...

*Looks at profile name and picture* (-_-) One should always be careful whenever inside a glass house. (13th episode was not awful by any stretch of the imagination and the series is surely still great with it.)
Polycell

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:48 pm Reply with quote
It wasn't the worst, but it was still a definite downgrade from the manga.
KH91

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:26 pm Reply with quote
Great news. The worlds needs to see more of Maidragon. CR adding older Conan titles, eh?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1