• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
After the Rain (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:39 am Reply with quote
Episode 4:

Well, that was unnecessary. I don't think contrast and the process of elimination are the best ways to sell her feelings for dad.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:27 am Reply with quote
The guy was still a prick. Rather than it just be a comparison piece, I kind of feel it maybe more be just the difference between someone who would try and force her into something, while he has not done as such. If they want to sell us on the idea that he has not at all taken advantage of her, there needs to be a reference point, although there does continue to be a faint line.

I myself groaned at the idea she would have ran up and forced a kiss on his cheek, because I think it would have made her maybe just as bad as the guy who did it to her, although, she would be forcing him into a compromising situation. It was good that it was shown she did not do as such. I think is working as a two way street that she also be under scrutiny, especially if this show wants us to believe she has agency in the whole thing.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:23 am Reply with quote
It bugs the hell out of me when people in dramas try to have a private phone conversation in a relatively public place and turn their back to wherever people could approach without them being able to see them coming. If people are within earshot then don't have the conversation. If you seem to be alone, face forward to make sure it stays that way. But noooo, always gotta turn their face to the corner like "if I can't see you, you can't hear me."
Cam0

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:54 pm Reply with quote
Akira sure was shooting daggers out of her eyes on her "date" with the sleazy cook. Now that is a death stare.

And yeah Akira's poor attempt at trying to have a private phone call bugged me too. She could have gone inside the women's restroom that was right next to her to atleast prevent the sleazy cook from eavesdropping the call.
phia_one

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:13 pm Reply with quote
Well the whole comparison thing isn't that far off the mark considering spoiler[Kase also has a taboo love situation].
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:34 pm Reply with quote
Episode 12 (finale)

The show really was not bad, but I kind of lost interest in it. I don't think it really did anything bad, but I just had trouble really caring as it went on. I think the characters decided to make efforts to really put effort into moving forward and stuff, and not just be complacent. But I don't know if I can really say a lot.

I give a rating of So-so (5/10), which is not to say I think it is bad, I think that it even did some good creativity, but it really had trouble keeping my attention.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:11 am Reply with quote
Ah the very last episode of this series. Similar to other episodes, it still had that moody feel.

This episode actually gave Takashi some screen time. Not sure how I feel about that as I didn't like him much. Still, I thought the finale is an entertaining episode as it also gave Akira more screentime with Yuuta.

There's still the usual moments between Akira and Kondou and I feel that she is much more comfortable talking to him now compared to the beginning of the show. Oh and we also get a few more flashback moments of Akira and Haruka even in the finale. Overall, I thought this was a fantastic show. Kinda wish it would be longer but I was quite satisfied with it.

I think this turned out to be among my favorite series from the season.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Cordelia LeFay

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:37 pm Reply with quote
For anyone that has read the manga, how much does the anime cover?

I just finished it, and despite the creepy premise, I actually quite enjoyed it and I was kinda bummed it ended. I'm guessing there will be no season 2? I'm wondering if it's worth reading the manga since it will be coming out in English soon.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2