• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: The World of Isekai Continues to Grow with New Manga Contest

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
7PhoenixAshes

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:08 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
A second prize, the "FLOS Award" will be given to the best work targeting women and includes a cash award of 300,000 yen (US$2,700) and publishing opportunities as well.

Can we get an OP female protagonist who kicks butt, collects a reverse harem, and saves the isekai kingdom she's' been dropped into? 'Cause I would definitely, definitely read that. There is a sore dearth of female-led power fantasies in modern anime.
switchgear1131

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:11 pm Reply with quote
7PhoenixAshes wrote:
Quote:
A second prize, the "FLOS Award" will be given to the best work targeting women and includes a cash award of 300,000 yen (US$2,700) and publishing opportunities as well.

Can we get an OP female protagonist who kicks butt, collects a reverse harem, and saves the isekai kingdom she's' been dropped into? 'Cause I would definitely, definitely read that. There is a sore dearth of female-led power fantasies in modern anime.

If I had someone to translate it into Japanese I would totally write that. My stories tend to have female leads that end up kickass by the end. Just thinking about it right now has already given my 3-4 solid ideas.
Kyo Hisagi

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:56 pm Reply with quote
7PhoenixAshes wrote:
Quote:

Well THERE IS at least one female isekai character who collects herself a harem. Ever heard of Fushigi Yuugi?)
prime_pm

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:13 pm Reply with quote
Popularity and Saturation often get confused with one another.
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:50 pm Reply with quote
I know of two pure ones, but the female mc is somekind of healer in one of them. the third one is byf ar my favorite, think rezero0's reset mechanic, except that instead of dumbly dying right away, the male protagonist, manager to save the first world with much sacrifice then dies, second reset saves the world with all the meta knowledge so no sacrifices are made, saves the life of the princess, because he is an op power trip, etc... then he dies as that's the prologue, the novel is about the third loop in which he (now she) reincarnates as a female and has to fix the sexism in the world as she is denied the righful chance to become a hero because she is female (even tho she is op as F ).
So now it's not about the female protagonist saving the world but random adventures with the eventual goal of building a non-sexst kingdom.
7PhoenixAshes

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:05 pm Reply with quote
Kyo Hisagi wrote:
7PhoenixAshes wrote:
Quote:

Well THERE IS at least one female isekai character who collects herself a harem. Ever heard of Fushigi Yuugi?)

Unfortunately, Fushigi Yuugi is now over 20 years old, so it doesn't really fit into the modern isekai genre. And Miaka spends waaaay to much time screaming for Tamahome to save her to be a properly badass protagonist.
What I would love to see is a story where the main gal has to repeatedly rescue her dudes-in-distress. Wink
CCTakato

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:27 am Reply with quote
7PhoenixAshes wrote:

Unfortunately, Fushigi Yuugi is now over 20 years old, so it doesn't really fit into the modern isekai genre. And Miaka spends waaaay to much time screaming for Tamahome to save her to be a properly badass protagonist.
What I would love to see is a story where the main gal has to repeatedly rescue her dudes-in-distress. Wink
There's always Twelve Kingdoms but I think the series is out of print sadly.
Wrangler

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:51 am Reply with quote
The establishment is trying expand the current genre, which is good. You need more diversity with anime if anime industry is to survive.

Forcing everyone to do it another. If people aren't burned out, then Good luck getting them change their tastes.

I hope people will go beyond fantasy, which has enough series out there currently.

I guess it will take heroic effort for companies to take chance on someone who writing with a completely new genre or resurrecting old one but not with same old stable franchises from the era it was popular.
Usagi-kun

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:56 am Reply with quote
Wrangler wrote:
The establishment is trying expand the current genre, which is good. You need more diversity with anime if anime industry is to survive.

Forcing everyone to do it another. If people aren't burned out, then Good luck getting them change their tastes.

That, and/or they decided to start a separate contest for the genre in order to keep the original contest from being bogged down by the isekai trend.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:28 am Reply with quote
Going with the reverse harem thing, how about one where the lead buxom girl gets intimate with each guy one at a time? The first guy introduced is a childhood friend. They are both 16 and they have known each other since they were 2.5. He is the firs guy to kiss and confess to her. He is the best boy and the one that gets chosen. Instead of it being a shoujo/josei, it is a fan service-heavy (she is the constant "victim") seinen title.
Paulo27

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:12 pm Reply with quote
7PhoenixAshes wrote:
Quote:

There's plenty. They universally suck as well.
KH91

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:24 pm Reply with quote
I hope one of them has the MC going from the modern world to a futuristic looking world. I'd like to see that.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1