• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 'Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?' Anime Gets 2nd Season, Film Project

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Morgan B.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:49 am Reply with quote
God I hate this show. Another season of bland storytelling and uninspired characters that are have no character development whatsoever and are used for nothing but cliche.
ultimatehaki

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:58 am Reply with quote
As long as they bring back the team that worked on the first season and not the horrid spinoff season 1 then everything's golden. We finally get to see vol 6 animated, too hype.

xerox-guy wrote:
So... When the third season of to aru majutsu no index is going to air. Seven years of memes has exhausted me.

At least we got confirmation it's coming. That's good enough for me.
GoldCrusader

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:18 am Reply with quote
Bell is coming back! YES
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:29 am Reply with quote
Counting the Spring 2017 spin-off series, DonMachi. already had a 2nd season/series (same goes with AoT and "AoT: Junior High").
Adam_Blazar

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:48 am Reply with quote
WikiSonic wrote:
Now that Anime Strike's out of the way, what are the chances of Crunchyroll snatching this up from Sentai? They're localizing the mobile game, after all, so there'd definitely be a reason for them to want to do so.

The chances that CR will get it is very low, Sentai has the license for the series (as a whole) so it'll be on HIDIVE. (as we all know by know that Sentai's relationship with CR for new simulcasts is dead)

The only way CR will get Season 2 is if they go to the production committee, like they did for Shokugeki no Soma Season 3

Last edited by Adam_Blazar on Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:56 am; edited 1 time in total
CrimsonDX

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:52 am Reply with quote
Holy shit yes! There are a lot of parts from the LN I can't wait to see animated.
Key

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:13 am Reply with quote
Morgan B. wrote:
God I hate this show. Another season of bland storytelling and uninspired characters that are have no character development whatsoever and are used for nothing but cliche.

Pretty sure you have a different series in mind.

Also happy to hear that both a movie and a series are now official. Now the speculation can actively begin about how much of the LNs the second season will cover, assuming it's just 12-13 episodes. I'm thinking vol. 6-8, as going beyond that would leave them stopping in the middle of a story arc. (Besides, 7 and 8 are each about as long as two of the first four volumes combined.) Personally, I'm hoping for two cours so the following very strong arc (about the spoiler[dragon girl]) can also be adapted, but I'll take what I can get.

To address another concern, why would there have to be any censoring about the prostitutes? It's not like this isn't already a fan service-leaning series.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Hiroki not Takuya

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:23 am Reply with quote
^^ Maybe the poster is a relative of Yiayia? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VehnapcTaeY
GhostD

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:27 am Reply with quote
Key wrote:

To address another concern, why would there have to be any censoring about the prostitutes? It's not like this isn't already a fan service-leaning series.

Did the news suggest something about censoring unless I missed it? IMO I dont see much reason to sensor stuff about the prostitutes unless theyre cutting or modifying any 18+ content such as spoiler[Ishtar porking Hermes for info] but even that isnt really very graphic.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:03 pm Reply with quote
Very good news indeed. My big question is if the movie will be released before or after season 2.
Joshua Zarate

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:08 pm Reply with quote
Morgan B. wrote:

If you hate this show, then why are you bothering commenting on news articles about it? Seems like a waste of effort, especially when it sounds like what you’re describing is not how this series is, when you could be doing something that you don’t hate.
Cerceaux

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:41 pm Reply with quote
This is great news! I'm reading the novels as they are released in the US, and I think the story gets way better after the end of the first anime season so I'm happy it's getting animated.
ultimatehaki

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:11 pm Reply with quote
GhostD wrote:
Key wrote:

Did the news suggest something about censoring unless I missed it? IMO I dont see much reason to sensor stuff about the prostitutes unless theyre cutting or modifying any 18+ content such as spoiler[Ishtar porking Hermes for info] but even that isnt really very graphic.

Key was responding to a previous comment saying they might need to censor it. I doubt they will since woman wearing revealing clothes or being straight up naked is nothing unusual. And IIRC Ishtar was the only one who actually got completely naked at two scenes and that's about as far as it went for the whole book.
GhostD

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:28 pm Reply with quote
ultimatehaki wrote:

Key was responding to a previous comment saying they might need to censor it. I doubt they will since woman wearing revealing clothes or being straight up naked is nothing unusual. And IIRC Ishtar was the only one who actually got completely naked at two scenes and that's about as far as it went for the whole book.

Oh. He didn't quote anyone so I assumed since I dont actually read every single comment. Yeah she did get naked but there really is a bed scene between Ishtar and Hermes. While not really graphic it does mention the before, during and after moments. Nudity without showing everything is one thing seeing as they showed it in season 1 but a strongly implied bed scene will most likely need to be toned down but not completely censored IMO.

Last edited by GhostD on Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
mc55

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:33 pm Reply with quote
I am so psyched about this. I was worried that the less than stellar production and performance of Sword Oratoria's anime would scuttle another season of the parent series. So happy.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3