• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll Adds The Garden of Sinners Film Series

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mealstrom

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:04 pm Reply with quote
This is insanely good news. I can't wait to watch the 5th movie again and lose my sanity.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:16 pm Reply with quote
I highly suggest watching it on Amazon Prime instead, if you have the option. Their quality is superior.
Joshua Zarate

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:19 pm Reply with quote
Cool. I’ve heard good things about this series, but I didn’t want to shell out hundreds of dollars for it without at least first getting a legal sample online. I haven’t checked out anything by this author before (There’s so much Fate/whatever and so much disagreement about it that I think I don’t want to participate in any of that), but I’ll check this out to see the intriguing storytelling that I hear he can do in his works.
LegitPancake

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:36 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
I highly suggest watching it on Amazon Prime instead, if you have the option. Their quality is superior.

I've heard the subtitles are much better on CR though. Have you compared the two? I'm interested in starting it sometime.
Gemnist

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:24 pm Reply with quote
Aaaaaaaand still no dub. Crap.

But at least they’re more legally available now.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:32 pm Reply with quote
Gemnist wrote:

I was going to say tat Aniplex US never dub shows they previously released sub-only. But then I remembered that they went back and dubbed Anohana, so maybe there is hope for this.
johnnysasaki

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:40 pm Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:
Gemnist wrote:

I was going to say tat Aniplex US never dub shows they previously released sub-only. But then I remembered that they went back and dubbed Anohana, so maybe there is hope for this.

And yet they never went back and dubbed the Gurren Lagann movies...
yurihellsing

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:45 pm Reply with quote
oh wow and I've just got round to watching this three away from finishing. Any chance of knowing if this is region locked or not?
Dessa

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:18 pm Reply with quote
yurihellsing wrote:
oh wow and I've just got round to watching this three away from finishing. Any chance of knowing if this is region locked or not?

Unfortunately, it says it's North and South America (as per Crunchy's news post).
MJKS

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:53 pm Reply with quote
LegitPancake wrote:
Kougeru wrote:

I've heard the subtitles are much better on CR though. Have you compared the two? I'm interested in starting it sometime.

Having been subjected to them on three different platforms (Vizio TV app, Xbox One X, and Roku), I can confirm that subtitles are absolute garbage on Amazon. The physical presentation, I mean. I've also noticed some oddly jilted translations that remind me of old fansub jobs, but that problem is less widespread. And I assume both services are using Aniplex's first-party subs for KnK anyway.

However, Kougeru is right about video quality. And going by how bad Crunchyroll's Jin-Roh stream looked when I tried it, I wonder how KnK would fare, seeing as it's also quite cinematic. I'm thankful I have the BD set that everybody loves to hate!

With all that said, it's good to see KnK has landed on another service.
Parsifal24

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:03 pm Reply with quote
I saw this when it was Anime Strike exclusive I enjoyed it but I don't feel like revisiting it especially given Crunchyroll's spotty quality.
xstylus

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:00 pm Reply with quote
LegitPancake wrote:
Kougeru wrote:

CR was delivered the verbatim same encodes and subtitles Amazon got. There should be zero differences.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1