• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What did you just buy?

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wmderemer
It...it's not like I post for you or anything!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:22 pm Reply with quote
Animegomaniac wrote:
wmderemer wrote:
From TRSI's Valentine's Sale...

It's "Out of stock - expecting more," so I hope it isn't too long before they get 'more' in... given that NIS America stopped doing anime, there's only so many copies left out there...

A very valid and important note. NISA sets are more than likely soon to be out of print. Luckily I have the Toradora collection, the Lull in the Sea collection, the Love Live BD set...

I called TRSI the next day to ask if they know when more will be in. They said Toradora! will be in in 2 weeks... *crosses fingers*
David.Seth

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:51 pm Reply with quote
Just got an order from Rightstuf today (all on bluray):

Kite (Uncut)
Sea Prince and the Fire Child
Yuri!!! On Ice
Orange (The Complete Series)
Pom Poko

I also imported Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou vol 1 and vol 2 on VHS. The tapes look like they are in good condition, but I don't know for sure because I don't have a VCR. My YKK collection is almost complete. I'm missing a figurine and a couple doujin, but that may be about it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kruszer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:07 am Reply with quote
Picked Up:
Fairy Tail Season 10
Fushigi Yugi Season 1
Fushigi Yugi Season 2
Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress Complete Collection
Occultic: Nine Collection 1
Occultic: Nine Collection 2

Last edited by Kruszer on Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
luffypirate

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:08 pm Reply with quote
Found another pretty bangin’ deal on eBay...

Toradora! Complete Blu-ray BOX for $114 with free shipping. I don’t even think the US Premium Edition Blu-ray set can be found used for that cheap??

The price seemed weird so I messaged the vendor (i-love-australia-daisuki) and they confirmed it was used but “very good” condition including obi and extras. Check ‘em out they’ve got some other good imported discs.

No more anime purchases for me until I’ve finished at least one play through on everything I’ve got! Hold me to that my friends! ;p
Supermutant

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:39 pm Reply with quote
BERSERK - Season 1 Complete Collection (2016) -- Blu-ray
Happy Death Day – Blu-ray
Keijo!!!!!!!! - The Complete Series (Limited Edition) -- Blu-ray
Kingdom Hearts 1.5/2.5 (PS4)
Power Rangers (2017)
Starsky & Hutch - The Complete Collection
Super Sentai: Seijuu Sentai Gingaman - The Complete Series
Uncharted: Lost l;egacy (PS4)
Warriors Ultimate Director’s Cut
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:06 pm Reply with quote
Taking advantage of Half Price Books' 20% coupon and a 40% off total deal at Barnes and Noble, as well as a sale at Target that wasn't advertised on signs and I never saw the ad, to get brand new things for my collection.

Anime:
When Marnie Was There DVD
Only Yesterday DVD
The Tale of Princess Kaguya DVD

(I know getting them on Blu-Ray would've been better, but at $10 a piece for movies I hadn't even seen yet seemed like a good deal. And apparently Target was doing a sale of Buy 2 Get 1 Free on all movies, so ended up getting all three for $20)

Manga:
Fairy Tail Vols. 21-23
Princess Jellyfish Vol. 7
Paradise Kiss Vol. 4
Alice in the Country of Hearts Omnibus Vol. 1
He's My Only Vampire Vol. 8
NTR Netsuzou Trap Vol. 4

Also received the email the other day that Hunter x Hunter Phantom Rouge Blu-Ray/DVD shipped! Can't wait for that to arrive.
horseradish

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:13 pm Reply with quote
David.Seth wrote:
...I also imported Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou vol 1 and vol 2 on VHS. The tapes look like they are in good condition, but I don't know for sure because I don't have a VCR. My YKK collection is almost complete. I'm missing a figurine and a couple doujin, but that may be about it.

Wow, that's nice! I especially like the metallic phone card's appearance. Always like seeing photos like the Daicon LD a while ago. Smile
st_owly

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:59 am Reply with quote
Got Black Butler 24-5, Descending Stories 2 and the Nekomonogatari (Black) novel in town yesterday
David.Seth

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:00 pm Reply with quote
horseradish wrote:
Wow, that's nice! I especially like the metallic phone card's appearance. Always like seeing photos like the Daicon LD a while ago. Smile

Yeah, I was really surprised about the quality of the phone cards. I've been putting off getting them for a while, thinking it was gonna look cheap. I should have known better lol.

Glad you liked the Daicon LD. I had posted it over at /r/anime but I figured ANN would be a good place too. I totally forgot that there was a stickied merch thread here, or I would have been posting more often. I've been collecting on and off since 2000ish. I did submit my collection for shelf-life one time, which they posted.

Anyway, what I just got:

Maison Ikkoku vol 7 DVD (unopened) - I technically already have this one, but I wanted a brand new one still in the shrink.

In the Aftermath on bluray- for those who don't know, this is a live-action Australian film that was released in 1988. Its a sub par post-apocalyptic movie, but the thing that makes it unique is that they mixed in animated scenes from Mamoru Oshii's Angel's Egg into the film. And considering Angel's Egg was never officially released in the US, this is the closest I can get (outside a subless import or bootleg).

Little Witch Academia vol 9 bluray - I got this in a few weeks ago. This is the first time I've imported an entire series as it was being released. I normally wouldn't, but I was a big fan of LWA, and since the Japanese release came with *English subs, I figured why not. So now my LWA collection is complete Smile

*I kind of wish more Japanese releases came with English subs, because I would gladly buy them (Made in Abyss, Land of the Lustrous come to mind).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:59 am Reply with quote
Yuri on Ice LE is OOP, so I got myself a copy yesterday
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:33 pm Reply with quote
Importing a Blu-Ray copy of The Case of Hana and Alice via CD Japan, buying it just now.
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:27 pm Reply with quote
Picked up a copy of My Neighbor Totoro on DVD from Walmart tonight; was surprised to see it and a few other Miyazaki films selling for $10 a pop. Since I'm used to seeing these movies at $15 or more, finding as many Miyazaki and Ghibli movies as I have recently at cheap prices really makes me happy!
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:28 am Reply with quote
Big box shipping out of Hobby Link Japan this week, full of Gundam preorders and restocks!

Romance of the Three Kingdoms Kits:
Xiahou Dun (Kakouton Giros)
Lu Xun (Rikuson Zeta Plus)
Dong Zhuo (DongZhuo Zaku & BuDuiBing)
Diaochan (DiaoChan Qubeley & General's Palanquin)
Jiang Wei (Kyoui Gundam F91)
Sun Quan (Goutaitei Sonken Gundam Korinpaku)
Guo Jia (Kakuka Virsago)
Sima Yi (Tenshihou Shiba-I Sazabi)

Gundam Generation Kits:
V2 Assault Buster Gundam Full Equipment
Char's Zaku II
Zaku II
Zaku II (they were four bucks)

Gundam Legend Kits:
Musha Victory
Zakuto Yami Shogun

Gundam Markers:
1 Zeon Combo Set (Char Pink, Char Red, Zaku Dark Green, Zaku Light Green, Phantom Grey, Zeon Grey)
2 Remover/Thinner
1 Black
1 Meta Violet
1 Fluorescent Pink

(HLJ has a system called the "Private Warehouse", where anything you buy can get set aside for up to 60 days and then combined with other other orders using a web interface... it's basically to encourage you to impulse buy without worrying about the cost of shipping individual items.)
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:31 pm Reply with quote
Just pre-ordered A Spirit of the Sun via Rightstuf.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:48 am Reply with quote
@ BSP - wow, that's a massive order. I'm not familiar with "kits"... does that mean these are things you have to glue together and paint yourself? If so, looks like you've got quite a task ahead of you!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 1318 of 1399