• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Black Clover Manga Has 5.5 Million Copies in Print

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ETX

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:57 pm Reply with quote
Heaven forbid people can't actually like a series without other people criticizing their "poor taste".

Not necessarily aimed at anyone in this thread, but people who enjoy Black Clover get a heck of a lot of flak for enjoying it.
stannisbaratheon

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:02 am Reply with quote
I love Black Clover specifically because its very existence gives a reality check to all the westerners who froth too much at Anime and constantly forget that Anime is not built for stuff like Game of Thrones or Walking Dead, it's a medium primarily for Children but western audiences over-hype and make everything anime too overpretentious and its nice to a see a simple anime that goes in the face of the hyperactive pretentious anime nerds who want the next Citizen Kane of Anime, because they themselves want to justify their overactive fandom.
xzy123

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:29 pm Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
My main issue with the anime is Asta yelling. I finally had to drop it and wait for the [as] airings for the dub, which is tolerable, but just barely. It's one time I might've considered reading the manga instead, except that the story didn't seem interesting enough to subject myself to that either.

Naruto yell all the time and people it so I don't see a point.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2