• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Uma Musume Pretty Derby Anime Reveals Cast, Theme Song, Visual

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
catstigereye

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:12 pm Reply with quote
Well girls as ships! Now horses! Next robots oh right already done! Cars? Motorcycles! Planes! Planets! Galaxies! Solar systems! Stars! Bugs?

This is why anime’s neat though!
Chrono1000

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:50 pm Reply with quote
It looks cute and Cygames has a good track record when it comes to anime adaptations of video games.

catstigereye wrote:
Well girls as ships! Now horses! Next robots oh right already done! Cars? Motorcycles! Planes! Planets! Galaxies! Solar systems! Stars! Bugs?
Don't forget the hidden gem of Leviathan: The Last Defense which had dragon girls and was also an anime adaptation of a video game.
H. Guderian

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:28 pm Reply with quote
I like athletic characters, I like good outfits.

But Uesaka's character isn't confirmed for the anime according to that list. Lamentations.

This seems to have a good mixture of quality and not taking itself too seriously.
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:13 pm Reply with quote
Anyone else hoping the girls are portrayed as more "intelligent animals with human features" instead of just "girls with animal ears who run competitively"?
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:39 am Reply with quote
I knew this was going to be another Idolmaster clone and it sucks that it went this way. Guess Japan is really insecure about making female-dominated anime so they implement bland, boring male self-inserts. I can always drop this anime so I do not have to whine and complain. Without any biases, this anime is visually stunning. Hope you guys enjoy another beautiful PA Works anime.

Last edited by John Hayabusa on Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:42 am; edited 2 times in total
Galap

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:39 am Reply with quote
Some posts were deleted. Don't put words in other people's mouths. especially if they haven't even commented in the thread.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1