• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Zoids Model Toys Inspire Zoids Wild Summer Anime, April Manga, Switch Game

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZeetherKID77

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:03 am Reply with quote
Really hope Viz can simulcast the anime...and I wouldn't mind seeing the Switch game localized if it's good. Of course I could just import it.
Primus

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:28 am Reply with quote
ZeetherKID77 wrote:
Really hope Viz can simulcast the anime...and I wouldn't mind seeing the Switch game localized if it's good. Of course I could just import it.

Kids anime rarely gets simulcasted (none of Takara Tomy's do) and Viz hasn't acknowledged Zoids in like a decade.
Yune Amagiri

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:48 am Reply with quote
Zoids anime in 2018 ?! Oo Liger i missed you, really liked everyone of them mostly Genesis
Nyren

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:08 am Reply with quote
Not gonna lie. This definitely does not look like the Zoids I remember. They're smaller, no cockpits, and suddenly everyone's got powers or something. I just wanted more Chaotic Century or New Century Zero.
JohnHawk

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:13 am Reply with quote
Welp
as someone who loves old zoids (other than the mistake that was fuzors), this looks like trash

love when shows rebrand as overdesigned saturday morning cartoons for 5 year olds
Primus

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:23 am Reply with quote
JohnHawk wrote:
Welp
as someone who loves old zoids (other than the mistake that was fuzors), this looks like trash

love when shows rebrand as overdesigned saturday morning cartoons for 5 year olds

I guarantee you there was an old 1980s Zoids fan posting on a long dead message board saying the exact same thing about the second generation in 1999. Laughing
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:37 am Reply with quote
Zoids was one of my favorite childhood toy/anime series. I used to build a bunch of Zoids like Blade Liger and Geno Breaker. This new Zoids series looks really different but we will see how it will go.
ATastySub
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:44 am Reply with quote
JohnHawk wrote:
Welp

Ah yes, old Zoids where the show was designed to sell toys to the much more mature age of *checks toys* Manufacturer recommended age: 3+
theNightster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:20 am Reply with quote
JohnHawk wrote:
Welp

Zoids was always a kids show though, this ain't Gundam or Macross we’re talking about
Nyren

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:25 am Reply with quote
theNightster wrote:
JohnHawk wrote:
Welp

Zoids was always a kids show though, this ain't Gundam or Macross we’re talking about
Lets be honest though, while Zoids sold toys, the anime weren't always sunshine and rainbows. Just look at Chaotic Century and compare it to this. Stark difference.
AkaRed

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:27 am Reply with quote
Nyren wrote:
Not gonna lie. This definitely does not look like the Zoids I remember. They're smaller, no cockpits, and suddenly everyone's got powers or something. I just wanted more Chaotic Century or New Century Zero.

Well let's hope there is new dvd/blu-ray set release for Chaotic Century and New Century Zero I know there is english Dub available on the internet but I never watched them with sub. I want my anime to be in japanese voice.
Lynx Amali

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:57 am Reply with quote
Nyren wrote:

This seems to be more in line with Battle Story re the no cockpits thing iirc.

Battle Story's Zoids didn't get cockpits until the Civil Wars and stuff like that started and they'd matured. They were just wild animals with heavy weaponry otherwise.

Last edited by Lynx Amali on Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:32 pm Reply with quote
Nyren wrote:

Lets be honest though, while Zoids sold toys, the anime weren't always sunshine and rainbows. Just look at Chaotic Century and compare it to this. Stark difference.
DBZ is also targeted at kids in Japan so it's not reliable to cite an anime content's "maturity" as proof of what the franchise's target audience is.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:28 pm Reply with quote
Didn't they try to revive this awhile back?
OjaruFan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:54 pm Reply with quote
ZeetherKID77 wrote:

Because the anime will pretty much be ephemeral entertainment designed to promote everything else within the franchise (but mainly the model kits), it’s not gonna get simulcasted internationally at all. Tomy doesn’t want small bucks from small-scale international simulcasts that won’t even reach the target audience. They want big bucks, which is why they’re currently in negotiations with potential buyers in North America, Europe, and Asia to roll out the whole franchise internationally: https://mobile.twitter.com/IMissBionix/status/968375496370216960
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2