• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Grand Blue Dreaming Manga Gets TV Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joshua Zarate

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:39 am Reply with quote
What wonderful news. I have heard many good things about this series, so it’ll be interesting to see who the staff will be for this show. Hopefully, they will be able to do the original manga justice and I’ll be looking forward to watching this whenever it premieres.
HueyLion

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:28 am Reply with quote
to be expcted but man is there going to be a LOT of censorship parts... with the amount of nudity
Yune Amagiri

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:21 am Reply with quote
Didn't they already announced it last month ? Well it still good to have confirmation, this one is seriously hilarious
HoboSoup

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:27 am Reply with quote
HueyLion wrote:
to be expcted but man is there going to be a LOT of censorship parts... with the amount of nudity

Hmm, I'm not sure about that. The nudity is if I remember correctly never fully explicit in the manga, if I recall there's never been a penis shown, it's mostly a lot dude's bare asses which should be alright. It's mainly nudity for the sake of comedy and even a character trait that some of the guys love to be naked, the anime if it handles the material well should be able to get by with the same amount of nudity as the manga. It's all about hiding things in the shadows, camera angles, simple natural self censorship by having something or someone in the way. For example a table at the right angle blocking someone's junk. Hopefully the right studio and staff get their hands on the project, that's the key thing here.
HueyLion

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:38 am Reply with quote
HoboSoup wrote:
HueyLion wrote:

Hmm, I'm not sure about that. The nudity is if I remember correctly never fully explicit in the manga, if I recall there's never been a penis shown, it's mostly a lot dude's bare asses which should be alright. It's mainly nudity for the sake of comedy and even a character trait that some of the guys love to be naked, the anime if it handles the material well should be able to get by with the same amount of nudity as the manga. It's all about hiding things in the shadows, camera angles, simple natural self censorship by having something or someone in the way. For example a table at the right angle blocking someone's junk. Hopefully the right studio and staff get their hands on the project, that's the key thing here.

Thats what im Referring to as "censorship" cause the characters do love getting naked, they are gonna have to censor the obvious parts A LOT.
HoboSoup

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:02 am Reply with quote
HueyLion wrote:
Thats what im Referring to as "censorship" cause the characters do love getting naked, they are gonna have to censor the obvious parts A LOT.

I think we might be on a similar thought track. To be clear I mainly mean the manga already self "censors" a lot, because the focus of the manga isn't fanservice or graphic detail but rather it's comedy. After all there's no need to get fully explicit when it doesn't have to, which should help the age rating plus what the anime is allowed to do and show.
Emdykay

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:34 am Reply with quote
Cool thing it is confirmed now. The manga has been on my "to-read"-list for a while now, but I never came around to picking it up, so I´m looking forward to this one.
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:56 am Reply with quote
Sweet, my favorite isekai gets an anime!
Yune Amagiri

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:16 am Reply with quote
Can't wait to see cakey Wink
Parsifal24

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:26 pm Reply with quote
Good definitely something I will look forward to watching this it will be intresting to see who the staff is on it.
GhostD

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:30 pm Reply with quote
Itd be great if they manage to faithfully recreate the facial expressions especially Iori's
Wrangler

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:35 am Reply with quote
HueyLion wrote:

Yep. Animal House on more adult scale isn't going fly well on a Family Network their going air it on. I think i may wait till it hits something less family friendly if they had to blurr stuff out. Those drunken parties are wild.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1