• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: A Look Into the Art and Animation of Land of the Lustrous

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
whiskeyii

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:11 pm Reply with quote
Even as someone who devoured Sakugabooru's Land of the Lustrous blog entries, this makes me wish I could've seen it in person. I'm especially curious about the "what parts to emphasize when done in 3D" part, as from their material demo videos on Youtube, this team was really clever when it came to making everything look very "anime" in 3D. I especially liked the blend shape trick when the characters' heads went into a side view.
relyat08

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:46 pm Reply with quote
This was excellent. I so wish I could've been there. Sad
Thank you for sharing it with us Frog❣
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:38 pm Reply with quote
The animation was definitely one of the major highlights of Land of the Lustrous for me. If only Polygon Pictures could make their CGI anime look half as good as Lustrous.
Usagi-kun

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:44 pm Reply with quote
What a wonderful, engaging show. I'm in my second watch right now, and I think it was mentioned in the Preview Guide, but you really have something special when you are watching a 'mostly CG animated' show and you forget you are watching any CG at all. The physical releases are gorgeous. I haven't imported anything in a long time, but I am definitely thinking about it now. Very Happy
Joshua Zarate

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:53 pm Reply with quote
Great article and wonderful art on display here. I’m just wondering when will Sentai Filmworks will release the series on home video and if they will do a dub for it. It’ll be interesting to see what happens with that.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:18 pm Reply with quote
Joshua Zarate wrote:
Great article and wonderful art on display here. I’m just wondering when will Sentai Filmworks will release the series on home video and if they will do a dub for it. It’ll be interesting to see what happens with that.

My projection is that Sentai will release it on April or May 2019 with a dub and LE. The only interesting thing I could see is fan outrage if Sentai wrongfully decides to do a sub-only, bare bones release for such a well regarded show.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1