• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Tales of Wedding Rings GN 1

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nargun

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:20 pm Reply with quote
Lord of the Rings -> Yubiwa Monogatari
This story -> Kekkon Yubiwa Monogatari

[Yubiwa Monogatari is "Ring Tale", yes, not a direct translation. Exactly why I don't know, but "Lord" doesn't map very well at all to any single japanese word and the translator may have just said "fudge it".]
Parsifal24

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:30 pm Reply with quote
I read part of this when Crunchyroll had it it was OK nothing earth shattering but if like harem series it will get you where your'e going. I thought the character design was nice.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:54 pm Reply with quote
Will have to check this one out when it hopefully comes out digitally.
myskaros

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:24 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
That she and Satou want it to be official seems to be fine with everyone, and while she's less than thrilled about these other ladies, this may turn out to be more of a harem in name only.

Unfortunately...
ultimatehaki

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:01 pm Reply with quote
This was written by the author of dusk maiden? Had no idea and kinda blown I couldn't get into it like their previous work. Its so boring to me.
TasteyCookie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:32 pm Reply with quote
While the story was pretty basic, the character designs are gorgeous. The girls are all extremely attractive but the worst part is how CR stopped simul-pubbing it right at the climax =_=
jr240483

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:29 am Reply with quote
myskaros wrote:
Quote:
That she and Satou want it to be official seems to be fine with everyone, and while she's less than thrilled about these other ladies, this may turn out to be more of a harem in name only.

Unfortunately...

well so far its not officially an actual harem he's involved in. its more like a psuedo harem ala sword art online or toaru majustu no index.

though it would have been really interesting if THIS WAS related to the tales of videogame franchise. its the one genre they haven't touched yet and that's having one of their games with a psuedo harem like atmosphere .
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
mc55

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:50 pm Reply with quote
This sounds quite interesting and also sweet. So it is right up my alley. If I don't pick it up next month, it'll be soon thought.

TarsTarkas: It will come out digitally next month. It is posted on most retailers except Kindle, where it should be soon. The release date is March 6, 2018. I prefer digital as well, so I'm glad for this.
Wrangler

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:18 pm Reply with quote
I've read up to date of the chapters, its get's much better in later volumes.

I actually do not like the Western name for the title. It throws off things, since it's bit epic in what going on. It does have it's fan service, but it's not too bad in comparison to other mangas that are harems. This is bit more mature how it handles it.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:57 pm Reply with quote
mc55 wrote:
This sounds quite interesting and also sweet. So it is right up my alley. If I don't pick it up next month, it'll be soon thought.

TarsTarkas: It will come out digitally next month. It is posted on most retailers except Kindle, where it should be soon. The release date is March 6, 2018. I prefer digital as well, so I'm glad for this.

Thanks, good news indeed.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1