• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime News Nina! - 2007-12-05

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Roy9076

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:47 pm Reply with quote
lmao! Awesome strip! That reminds me back at an expo with Vic... except it did not ended off that badly...
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jedi General

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:53 am Reply with quote
Aki Ameko wrote:
Oh gosh... Please don't tell me that's supposed to be Vic Mignogna... I love him, but I've never met him and I've heard he can be egotistical...

Honestly, I don't see how people could say that about him. He's one of the most down-to-earth people I've ever had the pleasure of meeting. Crispin Freeman, on the other hand, seemed to be a bit full of it during his Q&A session when I met him at that very same convention. He's nothing compared to this Jerry character though.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Tortoiseshell Tabby Girl

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:01 am Reply with quote
Ouch! Poor Nina! I think she's gonna need an eye patch and some bandages. I wonder if she wishes she became one of Santa's elves instead of the ANN elf. Best wishes for a speedy and full recovery, Nina! There really should have been a "Beware of Fangirls" sign at that convention...
jetz

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:19 am Reply with quote
LOL. Fangirls.

Don't mess with us Anime hyper
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
aresgoddess

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:28 am Reply with quote
Poor Nina... I've seen rabid fangirls up close and personal. not quite like that, but pretty darn close. freakin' scared me, and then one went into yaoi mode...i couldn't hear for a while after that...at least not well... Crying or Very sad
Sommerstars8o8

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:26 am Reply with quote
My god this is very funny yet so true at the same time , i myself had dealt with these Horrible fan girls and i have too say it wasnt very pretty . Anyway i cant wait for next week comic Very Happy
I heard that Scott Mcneil Fan girls are Hardcore Shocked !!
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:37 pm Reply with quote
Sommerstars8o8 wrote:
My god this is very funny yet so true at the same time , i myself had dealt with these Horrible fan girls and i have too say it wasnt very pretty . Anyway i can't wait for next week comic Very Happy

You should see the growing legion of Aaron Dismuke fangirls. He's the new Scott.
aresgoddess

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:46 pm Reply with quote
psycho 101 wrote:
Sommerstars8o8 wrote:
My god this is very funny yet so true at the same time , i myself had dealt with these Horrible fan girls and i have too say it wasnt very pretty . Anyway i can't wait for next week comic Very Happy

You should see the growing legion of Aaron Dismuke fangirls. He's the new Scott.

Nooooooo!!! No one can replace The Scott! Grrrrrrrr!!!! *bite bite bite*

Haha, just kidding. couldn't help myself. Very Happy i like scott mcneil, but i would never go that crazy over him. at least i hope i don't... Shocked
gatotsu911

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:14 pm Reply with quote
Seif wrote:
Anime hyper Okay. it's obvious now. Jerry is supposed to be Vic Mignogna isn't he? Awesome.

Anime hyperD Better make sure the Vic Mignogna fangirls don't see that!! (I agree with you though.)

So, I take it Jerry will be a recurring character? 'because he totally should be.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:39 pm Reply with quote
He already is one.
MorwenLaicoriel

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:01 am Reply with quote
Jedi General wrote:
Aki Ameko wrote:
Oh gosh... Please don't tell me that's supposed to be Vic Mignogna... I love him, but I've never met him and I've heard he can be egotistical...

Honestly, I don't see how people could say that about him. He's one of the most down-to-earth people I've ever had the pleasure of meeting. Crispin Freeman, on the other hand, seemed to be a bit full of it during his Q&A session when I met him at that very same convention. He's nothing compared to this Jerry character though.

I've never met him, although most of what I've heard is that he IS very friendly and down-to-earth. I have heard recently that he's gotten a bit *too* "RAWR I'm right!" with his yaoi debates (and I'm *mostly* on his side)...something about him saying there's no subtext between Kaworu and Shinji and that Tamaki would 'never allow anyone in the host club to get involved in that sort of thing' (even though he apparently encourages the twins to fake a relationship for yaoi fangirls). Something about him bashing Romi Paku, too, but...that didn't ring true to me at all, he hasn't done that in the past.

All of this is something I've heard second-hand, although it was from someone who's fairly active in the con circuit. I still consider myself a fan of Vic, but...if he *is* saying things like that, I'm not really sure if I'm really approving of it. Anime smile + sweatdrop
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address My Anime My Manga
boznia

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:54 am Reply with quote
Great stuff.

I just wonder...who would forget to leave a bag of poop behind? I'd imagine it'd be hard to forget if you went through all that trouble to get it.
Murasakisuishou

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:24 pm Reply with quote
MorwenLaicoriel wrote:
Something about him bashing Romi Paku, too

If it IS true, he's completely lost the little remaining respect I had for him. Fear my fangirl wrath! Twisted Evil

Anyway, great comic. If Nina manages to survive, I think a second barrage by yaoi fangirls is in order :p
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:26 pm Reply with quote
Jedi General wrote:
Aki Ameko wrote:

Of course he was nice. What actor with half a brain is going to actively be a dick at a fan based function? That would just hurt his career. How they act when on the job and when not on the job can be 2 very different things. I'm not saying Vic is a dick nor anyone else in particular. Just don't assume they're actually nice simply because of how they act when on the job.
billyarnie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:38 pm Reply with quote
minakichan wrote:
Such excessive violence! And only over an English-language VA.

OMG! Hopefully Nina has elf healing powers... or news elf suing power. It'll be good continuity, but very boring if she's in the hospital for the next strip or 2.
Yep, Kevin was at another hentai panel. I saw him... uh, through the door! I don't care who Jerry Morgan is supposed to be, he & his fangirls are self-important. Good comedy to come...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5