• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Maquia - When the Promised Flower Blooms

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
americananimotk

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:18 pm Reply with quote
Spoiler alert, it gets proposed and then snubbed by next year's Oscars.
kotomikun

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:43 pm Reply with quote
Well, just from the first sentence of the review, I guess I need to see this one whenever that becomes possible.

Mari Okada has been ridiculously hit-or-miss for me; Anthem of the Heart is literally my favorite movie, and I liked Nagi no Asukara (that one with the mer-people who look exactly like normal humans), but I couldn't stand Hanasaku Iroha (it felt like an ode to Japanese workaholism) and had mixed feelings about Anohana (Menma's "ghost" is so similar to a living human that she's effectively not dead, just invisible to most people; this turned most of the drama into melodrama). But this one seems like it could be good. It does mainly remind me of Aragorn and Arwen, as someone else pointed out, though apparently it's not a romance.

...I'm going to stop there because something on this site is randomly scrolling the page up and down, it's driving me nuts.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2