• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
New Captain Tsubasa Anime Premieres on April 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HueyLion

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:28 am Reply with quote
Nice...but WHERES JOJO?!!
perroloco

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:08 am Reply with quote
I read somewhere that this anime would get 52 episodes, but I haven't seen ANN report that so maybe ir wasn't true..

52 episodes for a 39 volumen manga Will be quick paced but I think it can be done, and O prefer the marches are shown quicker.
Lactobacillus yogurti

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:26 am Reply with quote
Just a thing... spoiler[Tsubasa doesn't go to Brazil with Roberto.] His DREAM is to go there. ANN, it's better to correct this.
tintor2

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:09 pm Reply with quote
Lactobacillus yogurti wrote:
Just a thing... spoiler[Tsubasa doesn't go to Brazil with Roberto.] His DREAM is to go there. ANN, it's better to correct this.

Eemmmm spoiler[wasn't Tsubasa's dream to win the World Cup? Still, he goes to Brazil with Roberto in the first series' finale, staying in there as a teen throughout J and moving to Spain in Road to 2002]
Lactobacillus yogurti

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:22 pm Reply with quote
spoiler[He never went to Brazil thanks to Roberto. If anything, he was chasing after him. Katagiri and the Japanese Soccer Association sent him there. His dream is the World Cup, but back then, what he wanted was to go to Brazil at the age of 12 (not 11) with Roberto, but he left him behind.]
pauladls

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:22 pm Reply with quote
Inazuma eleven too
OjaruFan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:48 pm Reply with quote
I'm surprised that the anime won't be airing during prime time. Isn't the franchise in general aimed at mainstream audiences, and not just collectors?
Nodz

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:51 pm Reply with quote
perroloco wrote:
I read somewhere that this anime would get 52 episodes, but I haven't seen ANN report that so maybe ir wasn't true..

52 episodes for a 39 volumen manga Will be quick paced but I think it can be done, and O prefer the marches are shown quicker.

Don't know about it but 52 episodes would be a nice thing.
I hope they can adapt the following manga then (World Youth, Road to 2002, Golden 23, Kaigai Gekito hen and Rising Sun)
TheHTRO

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:03 pm Reply with quote
Nodz wrote:
perroloco wrote:

Don't know about it but 52 episodes would be a nice thing.
I hope they can adapt the following manga then (World Youth, Road to 2002, Golden 23, Kaigai Gekito hen and Rising Sun)

There's just one problem. I don't know about World Youth, but everything from Road to 2002 onwards is seinen, while the original manga is shonen...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1