• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
School Babysitters (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tyoki

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:50 pm Reply with quote
I've been enjoying this series a lot and so far it's kept to the manga quite well, looking at the previews for the next episode it looks like their skipping a pretty big portion of the manga and jumping towards the end. Its a bit disappointing because some of the things shown in the preview simply wont make sense or wont be nearly as funny as they would be if the manga was followed. I'm kind of concerned this anime is going to take a really bad turn Q.Q So much skipped.

Also;

DuskyPredator wrote:
Episode 5

Okay, this time he gave up trying to force Kirin back inside, instead choosing to read a book to the rest of the children, and with then no supervision she tried to climb a flight of stairs to jump off. His lack of responsibility has become ridiculous.

There's actually a moment right after she falls and it cuts back to Usaida and he kinda has this look of "Welp, almost lost a child under my care, oops" xD I found that to be pretty hilarious

Usaida also gets some nice redeeming backstory and character development in the manga but it looks like the anime is going to skip that as well ^^;
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:26 am Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
To be fair the 2nd time was a classic "look away for one second and the kid's gone" scenario that all parents experience many times in their lives.

Maybe, but 4 strikes and he's out, you'd think.

Before 10 minutes was up, I was yelling at the screen for someone to read Cinderella to poor Kotaro! It felt like he was holding out that book all morning. Smile
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:55 pm Reply with quote
Episode 7

Those kids sure have Usaida's number. Smile This is like the 6th time now he's let them wander off without noticing? Twice just in this episode.

The butt stickers nearly killed me, plus the hilarious callback. I was laughing so hard it brought tears to my eyes. But I fit right in, as there was a lot of (cute) crying this episode.
Beltane70

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:40 pm Reply with quote
So, apparently, there's end cards that the Crunchyroll stream of this series doens't show?
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:30 am Reply with quote
Yup. They either show the kids as teens or the teens as kids. A quick Google search will lead you to them.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:59 pm Reply with quote
Here's all the end cards up to episode 8:

Beltane70

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:05 pm Reply with quote
I'm really disappointed and surprised that Crunchyroll doesn't include them in their stream.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:17 pm Reply with quote
These things usually appear during the sponsorship bit, which Crunchy usually cuts. Some shows they have do keep the end cards but it's pretty inconsistent.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:22 pm Reply with quote
This week's end card:

Beltane70

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:46 pm Reply with quote
That’s the one I’ve been waiting to see!
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:03 pm Reply with quote
You and the rest of 4chan Wink
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:03 pm Reply with quote
Episode 12 (finale)

It was a cute, mostly clean fun for finishing the series. Except I guess maybe a daycare teacher insinuating to a toddler that Santa won't come because they are naughty, for how he acted rather than how he maybe could be better behaved going up to Christmas. Maybe that is something I want to talk about the show in general.

The show is cute, but I think occasionally has hiccups of things not really appropriate for a show about helping toddlers grow. From physical hitting as punishment, to a lack of staying observant, to I would say trying to take advantage of cute for its own sake. There is a lack of gravity to things that I think should, when this show is trying to pride itself on somewhat realistic growth of characters. And especially I would say a feeling of fakeness in things like how Taka would apologise, which never felt earned, from I think the way the characters try to coax it.

But I would be lying to say I was not pulled in by the cuteness. Midori especially I think was adorable. If only the one watching them did not actually fall asleep. And I feel like going for a comparison of young kids, which may have done better, even if the characters slightly older. Maybe I am wrong, but there were a number of times it just felt like this show went through motions of what kids are.

Anyway, I rate this show Decent (6/10), I did not lose my time.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2