• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
This Week in Games: UFOs, Valkyries, and Dream Diaries

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
belvadeer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:27 am Reply with quote
That Valkyrie Profile tease is likely going to be a mobile phone port of Lenneth, as if the original title needed another rerelease.
Arale Kurashiki

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:47 am Reply with quote
Madotsuki is named in the original game though.
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:40 pm Reply with quote
My guess is it'll be a mobile port of Lenneth. Oh well, at least Yumi Touma is back.

So, highlights from the Direct:

-Luigi's Mansion 3DS remake

-Solaire Amiibo for Dark Souls (also, there will be a network test)

-Okami HD for Switch

-Project Octopath Traveler out July 13

-Splatoon Expansion with PLAYABLE OCTOLINGS and Inklings in new SSB.

-Also, Crash Bandicoot on Switch. That's weird

All is well with the world
Zero-chan
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:51 pm Reply with quote
One out of three on predictions ain't bad!
belvadeer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:04 pm Reply with quote
AiddonValentine wrote:
My guess is it'll be a mobile port of Lenneth. Oh well, at least Yumi Touma is back.

I miss Megan Hollingshead voicing her personally, but I do prefer Yumi Touma to Miyuki Sawashiro voicing Lenneth.

Quote:
-Luigi's Mansion 3DS remake

-Inklings in new SSB

Ridiculous reactions I've seen to the first one: "Oh my god, why are they porting the GameCube game to the 3DS!? The 3DS needs to die already!"

Ridiculous reactions I've seen to the second one: "Oh my god, they're just porting 3DS/Wii U Smash to the Switch and adding the Inklings! It's a Smash 4 port!"

The gaming world is just full of tasty salt today, isn't it? XD

Last edited by belvadeer on Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:41 am; edited 1 time in total
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:47 am Reply with quote
belvadeer wrote:

Ridicous reactions I've seen to the first one: "Oh my god, why are they porting the GameCube game to the 3DS!? The 3DS needs to die already!"

Ridiculous reactions I've seen to the second one: "Oh my god, they're just porting 3DS/Wii U Smash to the Switch and adding the Inklings! It's a Smash 4 port!"

The gaming world is just full of tasty salt today, isn't it? Anime hyper

I'm gonna keep my expectations in check and say it'll basically be a port of the Wii U version with some added content similar to Pokken Tournament DX and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. But yes, it is hilarious to see the complaints. And it's always from the creepy stalker crowd who claim they're not interesting in Nintendo, but keep coming back to whine.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:42 am Reply with quote
AiddonValentine wrote:
I'm gonna keep my expectations in check and say it'll basically be a port of the Wii U version with some added content similar to Pokken Tournament DX and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. But yes, it is hilarious to see the complaints. And it's always from the creepy stalker crowd who claim they're not interesting in Nintendo, but keep coming back to whine.

And do they ever whine. Good lord.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:18 pm Reply with quote
belvadeer wrote:

Ridiculous reactions I've seen to the first one: "Oh my god, why are they porting the GameCube game to the 3DS!? The 3DS needs to die already!"

And yet I know for a fact if they ported Melee to the Switch these same people would change their tune. I do wonder though how they feel about Inside Story being ported since that would have a more legitimate complaint
belvadeer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:15 pm Reply with quote
BadNewsBlues wrote:
And yet I know for a fact if they ported Melee to the Switch these same people would change their tune. I do wonder though how they feel about Inside Story being ported since that would have a more legitimate complaint

Their attitude seems to mostly be "Everything for the Switch! Why is the 3DS still around!?" as if the Switch is the new master race console. The reaction to the Inside Story port has been a mix of two camps:

The first camp thinks it's great, but they feel the Bowser Jr. extra quest is going to be a pointless addition. They predict that it will be as boring as Bowser's Minions was in the Superstar Saga port (apparently it got old for people really quickly).

The second camp is wondering if Intelligent Systems ran out of ideas for the next Mario & Luigi title.

Last edited by belvadeer on Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:56 am; edited 1 time in total
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:14 pm Reply with quote
belvadeer wrote:
The second camp is wondering if Intelligent Systems ran out of ideas for the next Mario & Luigi title.

I look forward to them whining about the next Fire Emblem pissing on the hardcore crowd by having optional elements including ones that have been staples for years or whatever the next Paper Mario game doesn't do that the first Paper Mario game itself didn't do all that well.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1