• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Ace Attorney BD/DVD Part 1

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lord Vaultman

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:15 pm Reply with quote
I loved the dub. It made me laugh so many times when I watched it.
Mew Berry

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:07 am Reply with quote
I couldn't get through the sub simulcast despite being a huge fan of the games, so I'm curious as to how much better the dub is. If it sticks to the spirit of the localized game scripts, I could see it improving the show a fair amount.
Princess_Irene
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:24 am Reply with quote
In the commentary the director says that he played the games before working on the show, so I'd say that's a pretty good sign. I haven't played them, but I watched with my sister who has, and she felt that they were similar in tone.
1dbad

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:57 pm Reply with quote
I actually watched all of the sub, but the dub is a definite improvement. Great voice cast and scripting. My only complaint is Maya's voice is hit or miss for me. Sometimes it works, and other times it's grating.
immblueversion

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:29 pm Reply with quote
Princess_Irene wrote:
In the commentary the director says that he played the games before working on the show, so I'd say that's a pretty good sign. I haven't played them, but I watched with my sister who has, and she felt that they were similar in tone.

One minor gaffe is that Maya said her parents were dead early on, while in the games she said that only her father was dead while her mother went missing, but is still very much alive, which the dub brought up later without skipping a beat. A minor plot hole? Or a minor change that was just barely underdeveloped?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1