• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Watch Cats Play Cards in Chihayafuru Film's Collaboration Videos

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zawa113

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:25 pm Reply with quote
Adorable!

Seriously though, me at home with my cat:
"Butters, I'm just getting up to get a glass of water, don't steal my spot!"
*cat steals spot*
"....guess it's yours now, damn cat (I love you so much!)"

Japan, making a cat video:
"Here, kitty, we're gonna put this kimono on you, keep it on without destroying it and sit on this pillow for a bit while we film you"

Just.... how? How can they control the cats well enough for any of this to be possible?!
dragonmastr

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:53 pm Reply with quote
This is pretty amusing. I wonder how long it took to get all of the shots they needed for those short clips.
#Verso.Sciolto

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:16 pm Reply with quote
Nyan niwa-zoo ni...

Chihanya, Shinobu and Sudou.

One of the pages linked, for details about the maker and the production through a Q&A format: click
DerekL1963
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:19 pm Reply with quote
classicalzawa wrote:
Just.... how? How can they control the cats well enough for any of this to be possible?!

Lots and lots and lots of training - practically from birth in some cases. It's not impossible to train a cat, but most people are either bad at training their pets and/or lack the needed consistency and follow through. They're much harder to train than a dog because they're independent hunters rather than pack/social animals and haven't been bred to cooperate.
#Verso.Sciolto

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:38 pm Reply with quote
In other Chihayafuru related news. The decision to re-publish the first chapters of the Chihayafuru manga in various electronic editions of other magazines than Be Love, in a crossover sort of initiative from the publishers/editor, is also interesting, I think.

Previously. I think this year's first announcement and crossover publication was about Chihayafuru's appearance in the electronic edition of Kodansha’s 「月刊少年マガジン」”Monthly Shōnen Magazine”, ahead of the theatrical release of the live action film "Chihayafuru: Musubi" on March 17, in Japan. Final part of the movie trilogy, One-off, chapter one, of Yuki Suetsugu's manga, according to the announcements and the table of contents in the online preview of “Magazine”, Page 447.

Chihayafuru is still serialised in Kodansha's Be Love magazine and is ongoing in that fortnightly publication, with the next issue, Be Love 7, coming out tomorrow, but today there was also this message on the Musubi film's Twitter account about Chihayafuru's appearance in -web- "Young Magazine":

Quote:
【出張掲載】いま発売中の「ヤングマガジン」15号電子版に、「ちはやふる」第1巻収録話すべてが出張掲載されています。ヤンマガ読者の皆さん、「ちはや」をよろしくお願いします!

Interesting that the Chihayafuru manga series is getting introduced that way ... stories for boys.
rahzel rose
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:38 pm Reply with quote
This is the cutest thing! What a great pick-me-up.
Fenrin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:52 pm Reply with quote
I think that is the cutest outfit I've ever seen a cat forced to wear omg <3
#Verso.Sciolto

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:03 pm Reply with quote
Fenrin wrote:
I think that is the cutest outfit I've ever seen a cat forced to wear omg <3
Part of the present campaign...

(Scroll ... [猫かるたのプレゼント])
Brent Allison

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:09 pm Reply with quote
This is the sort of thing I needed after a long workday.
#Verso.Sciolto

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:24 am Reply with quote
... and there is also this news: 3月17日(土)公開!映画『ちはやふる-結び-』公開記念チャリティーオークション - about a new and ongoing Chihayafuru charity auction in March 2018. (3/17)

.... while on the subject of charity auctions, Chihayafuru Creator Searches for Auctioned Manga Art for New Exhibit, ....

[edit to add:
Live-Action Chihayafuru Film Auctions Props, Signed Posters for Charity - by Jennifer Sherman for ANN.[/edit]

Last edited by #Verso.Sciolto on Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:18 am; edited 1 time in total
#Verso.Sciolto

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:55 pm Reply with quote
Last week's first time TV broadcast of Kami no Ku got a 9.1.

Shimo no Ku will air tomorrow night.

Also announced, Line Live Coverage on the first day of Musubi's nation wide theatrical release, 3/17, in Japan.

Be Love 7 in stores since midnight today, and that's not all.
gridsleep

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:14 pm Reply with quote
People who decide to film cats are either dedicated to the goddess of AW... or gluttons for punishment. Probably both. We are eternally grateful.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1