• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Tokyo Ghoul:re Anime's 2nd Promo Video Previews Cö shu Nie's Opening Theme

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hazelll

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:27 am Reply with quote
Lmao and people still cry claiming that "you're not supposed to know Haise is Kaneki" The pv is practically screaming that he is. It's no secret
AngKear

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:15 am Reply with quote
Hazelll wrote:
Lmao and people still cry claiming that "you're not supposed to know Haise is Kaneki" The pv is practically screaming that he is. It's no secret

Hmm...If you're talking about the shadowy figure of Kaneki creeping in Haise's mind.
I think you're forgetting about the early part of Season one when Kaneki just received Rize's Kagune and had hallucination about her.
Hazelll

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:40 am Reply with quote
AngKear wrote:
Hazelll wrote:

Hmm...If you're talking about the shadowy figure of Kaneki creeping in Haise's mind.
I think you're forgetting about the early part of Season one when Kaneki just received Rize's Kagune and had hallucination about her.
no I'm talking about the entire PV. The finger cracking, Touka looking at him and smiling, his voice lol. Everything says it's him even for anime onlys it's clear as day
Kennn

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:46 am Reply with quote
AngKear wrote:
Hazelll wrote:

If you're talking about the part where he almost ate hide.. rize didn't show up there in the manga, even the part where he look at himself in the mirror, rize didn't show up either (she only showed up on the part where kaneki is being tortured). As for kaneki behind haise, it's in the manga. by the way, damn S1 for missing a lot and f*ck root A for not following the manga. (wish it was rebooted instead..)
AngKear

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:51 am Reply with quote
Hazelll wrote:
no I'm talking about the entire PV. The finger cracking, Touka looking at him and smiling, his voice lol. Everything says it's him even for anime onlys it's clear as day

Still, I think the writer did the right thing for disclosing only what's officially been given. Stick to being neutral is always the right thing, whereas suggestive pointing is unneccessary even if it's obvious to readers. People had more doubts in early :re regarding Haise's identity, but I admit it's old news now.
Crystalyn
ANN Managing Editor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:02 am Reply with quote
AngKear wrote:
Still, I think the writer did the right thing for disclosing only what's officially been given

When this anime was first announced, the staff immediately announced spoiler[that Natsuki Hanae was returning to the series to star as Ken Kaneki.] The staff then later announced the Haise Sasaki role, and now the official website only lists Hanae as Sasaki.

Anyways, at first we didn't put a spoiler warning in our articles, since the staff didn't seem to hide anything from the start. Only after commentors complained did we start putting the spoiler warning in the article.
Hazelll

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:33 am Reply with quote
Crystalyn wrote:
AngKear wrote:
Still, I think the writer did the right thing for disclosing only what's officially been given

When this anime was first announced, the staff immediately announced spoiler[that Natsuki Hanae was returning to the series to star as Ken Kaneki.] The staff then later announced the Haise Sasaki role, and now the official website only lists Hanae as Sasaki.

Anyways, at first we didn't put a spoiler warning in our articles, since the staff didn't seem to hide anything from the start. Only after commentors complained did we start putting the spoiler warning in the article.
I think you should be objective with your news and deliver it as the official staff does, and not change up things because commentators complain for no reason
Nodz

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:24 pm Reply with quote
I'm guessing the pacing will be the same than in the first anime, as we can see Kijima in the trailer (he appears in chapter 33 for the first time)
AngKear

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:51 pm Reply with quote
Crystalyn wrote:
AngKear wrote:

I see. So the japanese staff initially did not hide anything, which then later on they came to a
conclude that it was a bad idea and fixed their "mistake" on the official site. I believe sticking to their update version, is the best thing to do.
Dayblack

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:42 pm Reply with quote
Kennn wrote:
AngKear wrote:
Hazelll wrote:

If you're talking about the part where he almost ate hide.. rize didn't show up there in the manga, even the part where he look at himself in the mirror, rize didn't show up either (she only showed up on the part where kaneki is being tortured). As for kaneki behind haise, it's in the manga. by the way, damn S1 for missing a lot and f*ck root A for not following the manga. (wish it was rebooted instead..)

The first season omitted few things, and what was omitted was not important for the course of history.
Kennn

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:13 am Reply with quote
If you're talking about the part where he almost ate hide.. rize didn't show up there in the manga, even the part where he look at himself in the mirror, rize didn't show up either (she only showed up on the part where kaneki is being tortured). As for kaneki behind haise, it's in the manga. by the way, damn S1 for missing a lot and f*ck root A for not following the manga. (wish it was rebooted instead..)[/quote]
The first season omitted few things, and what was omitted was not important for the course of history.[/quote]

It's actually important, see how the guy thought it actually happened? also there's a lot of important things they omitted, like kaneki and touka leading false info on ccg.. etc..
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1