• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Vuze Debuts English-Subbed Neko Rahmen via Downloads

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CommunistHamster

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:03 pm Reply with quote
So, basically licensed (legal) fansubs with ads?
Iron Chef

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:15 pm Reply with quote
That sounds about right, yeah? Even if it were a couple of bucks an episode, I'd still pay for something like this. Fantastic!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Mysticmidnightmaiden

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:39 pm Reply with quote
Is that a pig I see flying on my desktop, or is it just me...

Now here's something I'm glad to support: free legal multi-platform (Well, at least there's Mac OS support) ad-supported fansubs. I too would pay for this type of service.
Hybridchild

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:41 pm Reply with quote
Mysticmidnightmaiden wrote:
Is that a pig I see flying on my desktop, or is it just me...

Isn't just you...

I really never thought i'd see this but i'm so glad someone is finally doing it
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:31 pm Reply with quote
I'm so confused.
Isn't this what many people were fighting against?

Do they have to pay the Japanese company a certain amount per number of downloads? Because if so is this no different than any other fansub? (Watchable on YT?- Because they have ads)

Maybe I'm just so amazed some companies are getting the right idea I'm to awe struck to just take it and be happy.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
halo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:12 pm Reply with quote
Lace up the skates guy's, it's time for a hockey game at Lucifer's. It looks like someone finally gets it.

Now I hope the series rocks and gets licensed quickly so we all can preorder it soon.

britannicamoore wrote:
Do they have to pay the Japanese company a certain amount per number of downloads? Because if so is this no different than any other fansub? (Watchable on YT?- Because they have ads)

They have to pay them something, that's the point. The creators get paid and the ads pay Vuze (they hope). No platform restrictions either so everyone should be happy.
Paploo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:34 pm Reply with quote
britannicamoore wrote:
I'm so confused.

Maybe I'm just so amazed some companies are getting the right idea I'm to awe struck to just take it and be happy.

No, people were fighting against illegal, unauthorized downloads and translations without the creator's permission.

This is with the creators permission, and probably with a license and some form of AdSupported content. VUZE looks to have experience in delivering digital content, and have had agreements with Animeigo and Media Blasters for awhile now.

Stuff that gets creators/producers profit to keep producing anime=WIN
nebbo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:42 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Lace up the skates guy's, it's time for a hockey game at Lucifer's. It looks like someone finally gets it.

Point, game. This is exactly the sort of forward thinking that will lead away from the tired old business models.
If Vuze proves that you can do business this way, consumers of the world: rejoice.

I'll support it.
Xeric

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:45 pm Reply with quote
It's hard to say whether or not this will pay off for VUZE. There's a lot of potential for this kind of advertising, but they'll have to play their cards right. They could even get demographic specific ads; tell VUZE what you like before you download and they can tailor the ads to you. Better for you, better for the companies advertising, better for VUZE. It's almost as if everybody wins.

I for one am excited. I hope this marks the beginning of a new trend.
reanimator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:54 pm Reply with quote
Paploo wrote:
britannicamoore wrote:
I'm so confused.

No, people were fighting against illegal, unauthorized downloads and translations without the creator's permission.

This is with the creators permission, and probably with a license and some form of AdSupported content. VUZE looks to have experience in delivering digital content, and have had agreements with Animeigo and Media Blasters for awhile now.

Stuff that gets creators/producers profit to keep producing anime=WIN

I agree with Paploo. VUZE is not some fansub group. Anyway, I'm very happy to see legal download with creators' permission & AdSupport, which are non-existent with fansubs.
reanimator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 12:02 am Reply with quote
Xeric wrote:
It's hard to say whether or not this will pay off for VUZE. There's a lot of potential for this kind of advertising, but they'll have to play their cards right. They could even get demographic specific ads; tell VUZE what you like before you download and they can tailor the ads to you. Better for you, better for the companies advertising, better for VUZE. It's almost as if everybody wins.

I for one am excited. I hope this marks the beginning of a new trend.

Same here. I hope this new venture becomes successful.
TAKAVAR

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:49 am Reply with quote
hmm, you can also rent anime episodes for a dollar. But it doesn't say anywhere how it works.
JNOtaku

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 5:47 pm Reply with quote
This is great! I don't know anything about the show, but I am downloading it right now! I definitely would not mind downloading non-DRMed ad-supported for free (or no more than $2 an episode).
Fronzel

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 1:30 am Reply with quote
Now if only they'd sub Kuwagata Tsumami...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1