• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime News Nina! - 2007-12-05

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hanachan01

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:44 pm Reply with quote
Oh my G'd, this reminds me of when I was an obsessive Vic Mignogna fangirl...I was even a very active member of the Risembool Rangers. I was nowhere near what these girls in the comic are though. At least I realized he's just a voice actor.

Jerry is like an exaggerated Vic, in a way. Vic's actually really, really nice to his fans, but he does have a bit of an ego. I don't agree with his position on yaoi-enjoying/obsessing over it like a normal person won't ruin anime/anime fandom (if he's talking about the ones who will kill you if you don't like it and who squeal and yell at every yaoi moment in an anime during a public viewing, yeah, they kinda ARE ruining anime fandom, by making us sane fujoshi look like idiots and annoying everyone around them). He's kinda like "all yaoi fans are bad people who hate the creators and want to piss on their story and making all about two guys [expletive] and will kill you if you don't agree!" Okay, a vocal minority are like that, but most yaoi/slash fans I know are really nice and polite and don't stuff their interests in other people's faces who don't like it.

I don't think he's said anything against Romi Park though. I once asked him what he thought of her and he respected her a lot, it seemed. I don't know, maybe he's said different things since then.

Hmm, I'm really curious about Scott McNeil fangirls now. I only met one, and she was really obsessed, but pretty nice, I thought.

Great strip! I've been enjoying it every week! Keep up the good work! Smile
ChibiChick

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 2:18 pm Reply with quote
The thing is, I know girls like this. I was talking to one of my friends. She brought up a J-pop star and I told her I didn't know that singer. She flipped out on me and for the rest of the week she wouldn't talk to me. Rolling Eyes
Kenji_Ikari

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 7:01 pm Reply with quote
Netstryke wrote:
Seif wrote:
Anime hyper Okay. it's obvious now. Jerry is supposed to be Vic Mignogna isn't he? Awesome.

I was thinking Scott McNeil but you might be right. Laughing

Reminded me of Spike Spencer.

He has like back to back panels and PMX, and I hadn't even heard his name before that. Razz
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5