• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Paru Itagaki's BEASTARS Wins 11th Manga Taisho Awards

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thorfinn

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:50 am Reply with quote
Hey the manga I wanted to win actually won. I guess people will only discover the greatness of Beastars when it gets an anime. Wink
HoboSoup

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:20 am Reply with quote
Not the series I wanted to win and not the one I expected to win, but regardless congrats to all the fans of this manga. Dang defeat stings tho.
melmouth

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:16 am Reply with quote
I saved this list for possible future use in picking manga. Regarding Beastars, I stopped reading it when it looked like romance between the bunny and the wolf was on the horizon. If I were the bunny I would have run as fast and as far as possible to avoid THAT relationship, with its obvious danger to the bunny.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:00 pm Reply with quote
I wonder if this manga is popular among the "Kemono community". When I read the plot, my first thought goes to 'Bill Hollbrook's 'Kevin & Kell', which has over the years incorporated much of the modern social-political elements in his works. While not the same I'm sure this comic has some underlying socio-political themes.

If this gets picked up I would like to hear more about it. It has an interesting premise.
MugenPancake

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:16 pm Reply with quote
Happy about this but, Neverland next time :D
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1