• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Tonari no Kyūketsuki-san Manga Gets Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dark Absol

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:53 am Reply with quote
Another yuri manga has gotten anime adaption! Yay! Very Happy
Joshua Zarate

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:56 am Reply with quote
Sounds cute. I may watch this.
Chrono1000

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:09 pm Reply with quote
A cute vampire show sounds nice and I am surprised that no one has licensed the manga.
mgosdin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:00 pm Reply with quote
Ah, something nice on a Friday. Cool

Mark Gosdin
HannoX

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:54 pm Reply with quote
Vampire and from the sound of it yuri? I'm in.
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:28 pm Reply with quote
An upcoming anime that has yuri and a vampire girl? INSTANT HYPE!
Random Name

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:26 pm Reply with quote
Without knowing the runtime I can't get excited. I'm expecting a short but I really hope I'm wrong.

Last edited by Random Name on Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kougeru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:16 pm Reply with quote
Is this actually Yuri or are people just trying to force their wishes/dreams again?
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:28 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
Is this actually Yuri or are people just trying to force their wishes/dreams again?

I do not know but the synopsis says that Akari "becomes interested in her". Just that is enough for some yuri fans, including myself, to see it as yuri. Personally, I hope it is but as long as those two girls are the focus of this anime, then I am hyped for it.

Random Name wrote:
Without knowing the runtime I can't get excited. I'm expecting a short but I really hope I'm wrong.

It says that the first volume was published in September 2015, which may be a little too early for this manga get an one-cour 30-min anime. There is a 50/50 chance that it might be that or it might become a 5-to-15-min short.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:48 pm Reply with quote
John Hayabusa wrote:
Kougeru wrote:

I do not know but the synopsis says that Akari "becomes interested in her". Just that is enough for some yuri fans, including myself, to see it as yuri. Personally, I hope it is but as long as those two girls are the focus of this anime, then I am hyped for it.

Thanks. "becomes interested in" very rarely ever leads to romance, from my experience. And seriously, who wouldn't be interested in a vampire?

So people don't get the wrong idea of what I was saying - I'm not homophobic or anything. I'm just tired of people calling things yuri when they are factually not yuri. It just leaves me feeling let down when I actually watch the show and there's no yuri. None the tags for the manga on any site I check say "yuri" so that's why I asked the question.
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:37 am Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
Thanks. "becomes interested in" very rarely ever leads to romance, from my experience. And seriously, who wouldn't be interested in a vampire?

So people don't get the wrong idea of what I was saying - I'm not homophobic or anything. I'm just tired of people calling things yuri when they are factually not yuri. It just leaves me feeling let down when I actually watch the show and there's no yuri. None the tags for the manga on any site I check say "yuri" so that's why I asked the question.

Well, >Uma Musume started off as what could have been a yuri fan's fantasy a couple of years ago until that >male trainer was revealed last month. As a yuri fan, I am done picking up series like Idolmaster, Kancolle, and Uma Musume. They may have sizable yuri fandom with lovely yuri fanworks but the series themselves are all about the girls having an affair with the self-insert who is 95% of the time a male. That, I kind of find it insulting.
Random Name

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:47 pm Reply with quote
John Hayabusa wrote:
Kougeru wrote:

According to CR this is yuri http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2018/03/24-1/ms-vampire-who-lives-in-my-neighborhood-tv-anime-explores-love-at-first-bite.
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:29 pm Reply with quote
Random Name wrote:
John Hayabusa wrote:
Kougeru wrote:

According to CR this is yuri http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2018/03/24-1/ms-vampire-who-lives-in-my-neighborhood-tv-anime-explores-love-at-first-bite.

Thanks for the heads up. Year of yuri is going even stronger!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1