• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
GAME: Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:05 pm Reply with quote
I've played the game since launch but I was really hoping they could develop a better world. Every place I've been to in the game looks almost exactly the same and the dungeons does seem like a copy-paste.

Also, it seems the game's AI can behave strangely at times. Sometimes, my party members have a hard time following me while other times, they seem to be all over the place. The weapon system is so-so. It's clear that some weapons are better than others though in particular when comparing to the legendary ones. I personally think the grenades are a bit powerful with its AOE damage.

The multiplayer feels really underwhelming as it's hard to find someone to group up with even at peak hours. Safe to say I'll be passing on the season pass. Btw, for those who pre-purchased the game from Steam, you can get Sword Art Online: Re: Hollow Fragment as a bonus but they delayed it to an unknown time.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
CurseTheSky

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:21 pm Reply with quote
On the plus side, this is the best SAO game made yet. Hopefully the upward trend continues with any future releases.

It is also nice to see anime based games finally being made with current gen graphics in UE4
tomdean

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:09 am Reply with quote
I played all of the SAO games but hated Hollow Realization - the translation was simply too dumbed down it no longer feels real. One scene right at the beginning, Kirito said, "Let's go spelunking into a cave", who the HELL IS THAT GUY? It looks like Kirito but he's certainly not him .I never even bothered with the rest of the game after that scene. I wish localization companies will be more faithful to the original and stopped assuming everyone wants their version.

I am now going to check out some cutscenes online before I risk paying the 60usd for a trash imitation of the real thing, but the game looks fun though, let's hope
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1