• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Our Most Anticipated Anime of Spring 2018

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
#Verso.Sciolto

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:12 pm Reply with quote
Rather enjoyed that reminder by Lauren Orsini and support the stance taken by the ANN Interest Team, articulated in the article linked below, because I think constant reminders are very welcome indeed. Has the man in question stopped being a public nazi sympathiser? He wrote and retweeted comments about Hitler, the Holocaust and Jews within the last 24 hours.

Recovery of an MMO Junkie Director Causes Controversy With Anti-Semitic Tweets
Interest - posted on 2018-02-09 12:15 EST by ANN Interest Team
Aquasakura

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:56 pm Reply with quote
My most anticipated anime so far for this season is Lost Song by Liden Films and Dwango. I love fantasy and I think it's been a while since I have watch a fantasy anime. Plus the plot has my attention and the protagonist seems like someone I would like.

Another thing, I see this anime titled Golden Kamuy being mention a couple of times in the article and you all make it seems it's going to be go good given the manga (which I have heard of). I give this one a try as well. Wotakoi: Love is Hard for Otaku also looks appealing given its possible theme it might present, and I did enjoy Recovery of a MMO Junkie so I would give that a try.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Manga
#Verso.Sciolto

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:54 pm Reply with quote
Joshua Zarate wrote:
CrownKlown wrote:
IRONY

No, it’s not. By that logic,...
Comments like that might explain why certain conversations stagnate with people noting significant difference where others see two identical items or scenes.

One version of a story:
Image of an open door.

Other version:
Image of a closed door.

One person:
These doors are different.

Other person:
That is the exact same door.

Fourth person:
William Blake wrote …

Fifth person:
Doors? William Blake …? What are we even talking about?

Third person: Chihayafuru season 3, animated? ... oh, not until next year… Something to do while we wait…?
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:01 am Reply with quote
My 3 most-anticipated are "Megalo Box", "Tada Never Falls In Love", and "DxD Hero". The first 2 are worthy of get a dub this season.
pikabot

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:26 am Reply with quote
CrownKlown wrote:
IRONY - When everyone whines how generic Isekai and harem are, then proceeds to hold Hero Academia a carbon copy of Naruto which is a carbon of H x H which is a carbon copy of Dragon Ball, as great exciting franchise.

I mean, none of those assertions are true? Sure, they’ve all got a fair amount of story structure in common, but they deploy that structure towards very different ends. There’s a lot differentiating them.
gacha

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:50 am Reply with quote
#Verso.Sciolto wrote:
Has the man in question stopped being a public nazi sympathiser? He wrote and retweeted comments about Hitler, the Holocaust and Jews within the last 24 hours.
Which is exactly the thing that's none of your business, go and complain to him on twitter, not try to start a public witchhunt on a person from a completely different culture and try to sabotage his work for having a views that might differ from yours but you don't even know that for sure since you only know about his views through the extremely unprofessional and distorted lense that is ANN. When ANN started talking politics is exactly the day when it became unworthy of attention.
pikabot

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:23 am Reply with quote
Dude, come on. It is absolutely our business that the media we consume is being made by a raging anti-semite. And this isn’t ANN playing gossip rag or trying to intuit his inner thoughts; it’s ANN taking his word for it based on numerous public statements. Hell, ANN didn’t even break this story, they just picked it up after a bunch of Twitter users had already uncovered it.
#Verso.Sciolto

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:04 pm Reply with quote
Don't think I have anything in the most anticipated category but「3D彼女 リアルガール」"3D Kanojo - Real Girl" is among the animated series I intend to watch -and listen to- this spring season. Ready for surprises too.
Jayhosh

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:28 am Reply with quote
Seriously, only two people (one editor and one commenter) are even remotely excited for Lupin the Third Part 5? Color me disappointed. Crying or Very sad I guess I'll just be over here alone with my massive hype then. How can a series feel so popular yet so underrated/seen at the same time?

Besides that big one there's so many series I'm interested in this season. Seriously, it'd almost be easier to make a list of the shows that didn't intrigue in any way.

In a somewhat ranked order from most anticipated to least:
Steins;Gate 0 - the VN was great and so I hope the anime is too. should be interesting to see how they adapt the more branching narrative it has. hope the new director is competent
Megalo Box - another hype one that no one seems to be talking about.
Golden Kamuy - looks totally badass, I love the style and have only heard great things about the series.
Hisone to Maso-tan - looks totally charming and adorable, and with a studio like BONES attached and an impressive staff I expect good things from this.
Cutie Honey - After jumping into Devilman Crybaby without having seen any previous iterations of the series and digging it, why not continue that with this classic reboot?
Gegege no Kitarou - The premise, art and retro vibe of this series really piques my interest. Plus I'm simply dying for some legitimately good horror tinged stuff out of anime. (dang, there sure are a lot of retro anime this season, not that that's a bad thing at all)
My Hero Academia Season 3 - I don't love HeroAca but I do wholeheartedly enjoy it and the characters, so of course I'll stick with it.
Hinamatsuri - know absolutely nothing about it but my friend is hyped so why not?
Piano no Mori - looks lyrical and soothing, hopefully it would be a nice palette cleanser from all the darker stuff on my list.

I'm already watching Magical Girl Ore and so far it's pure gold.
Anthony Gray

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:41 am Reply with quote
#Verso.Sciolto wrote:
Don't think I have anything in the most anticipated category but「3D彼女 リアルガール」"3D Kanojo - Real Girl" is among the animated series I intend to watch -and listen to- this spring season. Ready for surprises too.

Dude, your the only person I've seen post or even mention 3D Kanojo; Real Girl, and it kind makes me sad... but I'm glad I'm not alone! Definitely what I'm looking forward to the most this season.

To Everyone Else: If you enjoyed shoujo series like Ao Haru Ride or Ore Monogatari!!, I think you'll really enjoy 3D Kanojo. It airs in 2 days, on April 4th.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:19 am Reply with quote
Just removed some insulting and rude posts. There will be no further personal insults towards anyone, whether it's personally insulting a reviewer or a group of fans of a show. Got it?
Time Bandit

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:07 am Reply with quote
Anthony Gray wrote:
Dude, your the only person I've seen post or even mention 3D Kanojo; Real Girl, and it kind makes me sad... but I'm glad I'm not alone! Definitely what I'm looking forward to the most this season.

To Everyone Else: If you enjoyed shoujo series like Ao Haru Ride or Ore Monogatari!!, I think you'll really enjoy 3D Kanojo. It airs in 2 days, on April 4th.

I have 3D Konojo; Real Girl on my list to watch this season as well, but I know absolutely nothing about it, so this is nice seeing others really looking forwards to it. It might not be my most anticipated, but I am excited to check it out!

And I looked up Ao Haru Ride...I will DEFINITELY check that one out (I'd never heard of it before now). You give me an anime I've never seen before with seiyuus like Yuuki Kaji and KENN... and yeah...I'm gonna at LEAST check it out for them alone (I really love a lot of works both of them have been a part of). Very Happy Thanks for the suggestion Anthony Gray!

Anyways, keep Spring coming! I am really enjoying this season so far!
#Verso.Sciolto

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:26 am Reply with quote
Anthony Gray wrote:
... your the only person I've seen post or even mention 3D Kanojo; Real Girl...
Besides Time Bandit, a few other people have also expressed curiosity about this adaptation - but in different threads and fora.

Will either of you be watching Amanchu! as well? Continuation and already mentioned on the previous two pages but that's another cast of characters I'll be following when their series resumes in a few days.
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:23 pm Reply with quote
Jayhosh wrote:
Hinamatsuri - know absolutely nothing about it but my friend is hyped so why not?

The manga it's based on is very good, but you have to have a taste for that kind of comedy. If you like Manzai(Japanese stand up comedy) then it should be to your liking.

Though I fear that if they keep the style from the manga the anime might come off a bit stale...
Time Bandit

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:34 pm Reply with quote
#Verso.Sciolto wrote:
Will either of you be watching Amanchu! as well? Continuation and already mentioned on the previous two pages but that's another cast of characters I'll be following when their series resumes in a few days.

I have not heard of Amanchu! either, but it looks like something I would really enjoy as well. I am always down for another slice of life show! I might not be able to binge the first season before the new one airs (tomorrow I thinks?), but I will definitely check this one out as well when I can.

Thanks for all the awesome suggestions guys! I just love discovering new anime! Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4