• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Hanebad! Badminton TV Anime Casts Yuuna Mimura, Konomi Kohara

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Afezeria

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:18 am Reply with quote
Anyone know if this is gonna have romance or just some friendship stuff? How large is the roles played by the boys?
Megiddo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:50 am Reply with quote
Boys? There's more than the coach? Seeing how it's an all-girls school that'd be pretty hard to pull off.
sweaf

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:25 am Reply with quote
Badminton is the only sport I play. Definitely will check this one out.
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:43 am Reply with quote
Afezeria wrote:
Anyone know if this is gonna have romance or just some friendship stuff? How large is the roles played by the boys?

Megiddo wrote:
Boys? There's more than the coach? Seeing how it's an all-girls school that'd be pretty hard to pull off.

If you are actually expecting some yuri or even yuri subtext in this anime, you may as well forget it. Someone said a few weeks ago that the manga does not have any of that and there are more boys from what I have seen. If you are a yuri fan, this can be Two Car and/or Uma Musume at worst for you.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:48 am Reply with quote
I was expecting a light harem-tone if anything, something like Bamboo Blade but with only girls on the team. Hearing that there will be more boys actually makes me more interested in this, thanks. I knew it wouldn't be yuri. There would be no point in having a male protagonist if it was yuri.

Last edited by Megiddo on Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:50 am; edited 1 time in total
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:48 am Reply with quote
Two car had a least one yuri pairing. they loved to remind us every ep. they just weren't the main characters. Kinda unfortunate too, since they were pretty funny
Morgan B.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:50 am Reply with quote
John Hayabusa wrote:
Afezeria wrote:

Megiddo wrote:

If you are actually expecting some yuri or even yuri subtext in this anime, you may as well forget it. Someone said a few weeks ago that the manga does not have any of that and there are more boys from what I have seen. If you are a yuri fan, this can be Two Car and/or Uma Musume at worst for you.

Aww, I bet you’re just salty from watching the last episode of “Citrus". Just kidding.
And I’m not the type for sports anime, FYI. Uma Musume is just PA Works (fake-ass KyoAni) trying to sound original and Two Car is plagued with archetypes abound. Trust me, you’re not the only one.
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:59 am Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
I was expecting a light harem-tone if anything, something like Bamboo Blade but with only girls on the team. Hearing that there will be more boys actually makes me more interested in this, thanks. I knew it wouldn't be yuri. There would be no point in having a male protagonist if it was yuri.

I would rather have a mixed cast (balanced girls-to-boys ratio) than a self-insert cast (cute girls and one boy). Hopefully, this anime turns out ok for you.

getchman wrote:
Two car had a least one yuri pairing. they loved to remind us every ep. they just weren't the main characters. Kinda unfortunate too, since they were pretty funny

Two Car tried to be another yuribait like Hibike Euphonium and Little Witch Academia and it crashed and burned so hard. In all seriousness, that anime was overall a total (side)carwreck.
koukokaminaga

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:22 pm Reply with quote
John Hayabusa wrote:
Megiddo wrote:

I would rather have a mixed cast (balanced girls-to-boys ratio) than a self-insert cast (cute girls and one boy). Hopefully, this anime turns out ok for you.

getchman wrote:

Two Car tried to be another yuribait like Hibike Euphonium and Little Witch Academia and it crashed and burned so hard. In all seriousness, that anime was overall a total (side)carwreck.

But the males aren’t actually focused in the manga it’s more
Like they are there but background the entire
Time
koukokaminaga

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:27 pm Reply with quote
Also this is a sports manga there is literally not one tone of romance in this but a girl with mother issues and a coach trying to make a good ass badminton team
Afezeria

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:27 pm Reply with quote
If it's got no straight romance and just some determined badminton session, hell, that's fine by me.
ICO44

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:37 pm Reply with quote
I don't need no romance or yuri. We finally getting serious sports anime with female leads and I'm sooo happy about that.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1