• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gundam 00 Anime Gets Sequel Project

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
methedemon

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:23 am Reply with quote
I love Gundam 00, my second favorite Gundam show. I am not sure if a sequel is a good idea though
Lynx Amali

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:41 am Reply with quote
methedemon wrote:
I am not sure if a sequel is a good idea though

There's actually a ton of wiggle room for stuff after. 00 has a really solid setting, especially if you take the 00V Battlefield Record stuff talking about the spoiler[Innovator/Old Human Civil War] and post Trailblazer events.

Last edited by Lynx Amali on Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Yune Amagiri

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:43 am Reply with quote
Hallelujah ! My favorite of all the gundam, i hope to hear another opening from the brilliant green, "Ash Like Snow" was just too good.
sweaf

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:46 am Reply with quote
Good news. 00 was one of the better gundam series. The characters were interesting. The designs were ahead of its time, still holding up even until now. Action sequences were superb. The music was awesome, opening and ending song were awesome. Tho the last few episodes were disappointing (but most other gundam series also suffer from the same problem). So yeah, looking forward to this project.
Zhou-BR

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:03 am Reply with quote
As much as I love Gundam 00, the only way I'd be interested in a sequel would be if they wrote A Wakening of the Trailblazer out of continuity.
Kicksville

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:19 am Reply with quote
A little annoying they didn't specify the medium - I wouldn't be surprised if it's a novel or something, like they've been doing with other Sunrise works lately.

I'm one of those people who liked the first season of 00, but wasn't crazy about the second or the movie. So I don't really know what to make of this. I hope it's fine, I guess.
forexjammer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:27 am Reply with quote
Kicksville wrote:
A little annoying they didn't specify the medium - I wouldn't be surprised if it's a novel or something, like they've been doing with other Sunrise works lately.

I'm one of those people who liked the first season of 00, but wasn't crazy about the second or the movie. So I don't really know what to make of this. I hope it's fine, I guess.

It's anime alright, considering the one who said that is a director (the one making storyboards). The problem is the format, OVA is most likely, movie is 50%, 25 episodes anime? Impossible, considering the ending in Trailblazer is pretty much world peace. We might have some story about small conflics rather than large scale warfare.
faboo95

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:42 am Reply with quote
Kicksville wrote:

I'm in the same boat. Thought the first season was great and set things up quite well. Then was very disappointed with the second season overall. Honestly didn't bother with the movie as I heard that it was even worse.
Angel'sArcanum

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:54 am Reply with quote
There were some images floating around on Twitter of some of the new Gundam designs, a new character, and a certain someone thought to have died surviving.

*slight spoilers*
https://twitter.com/pKjd/status/985121720615952385
https://twitter.com/Peachyest_/status/985153782706302976
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
princess passa passa

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:04 am Reply with quote
Interested to see how this one plays out...
Lynx Amali

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:19 am Reply with quote
forexjammer wrote:
Impossible, considering the ending in Trailblazer is pretty much world peace. We might have some story about small conflics rather than large scale warfare.

Incorrect.

00V Battlefield Record talks about the spoiler[ Old Human Civil War.] Its post Trailblazer but pre Setsuna's return iirc and documents rising tensions between Innovators and those who accepted the ELS and those who didn't accept them. There is easily enough material with just that entire concept that would actually be pretty decent for a narrative.
Kicksville

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:29 am Reply with quote
forexjammer wrote:
It's anime alright, considering the one who said that is a director (the one making storyboards). The problem is the format, OVA is most likely, movie is 50%, 25 episodes anime? Impossible, considering the ending in Trailblazer is pretty much world peace. We might have some story about small conflics rather than large scale warfare.

It could be, but it's probably better to keep your expectations in check and be pleasantly surprised, rather than being sure and getting disappointed - Yoshitomo Yonetani, who directed GaoGaiGar, is writing a new sequel...which is a web novel (or is supervising the writing - either way he's on it). Yasuhiro Imagawa, who directed G Gundam, wrote a remake...which is a manga. I mean, again, it may very well be anime, but the director being on board isn't a guarantee.
Peebs

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:41 am Reply with quote
Gotta start saving my allowance money for that super-duper special Blu-ray set coming out later. This is by far the only Gundam I've watched and still love. I guess I'll need to donate my current DVD sets to the public library when I buy the new set.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:01 am Reply with quote
I enjoyed 00 throughout (for the most part), but was it really aching for a sequel? It’s kind of just average overall compared to better UC entries and surely there are other avenues for Gundam that are more wanting.

I’m on board if we get Bad Haro’s Counterattack, though.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
AkaRed

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:22 am Reply with quote
I'm not sure how to feel about this project ????

But hope next year we will get a Crossbone Gundam Anime.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4