• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gundam 00 Anime Gets Sequel Project

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:48 am Reply with quote
I loved the anime but was a little let down with the movie, so I'm glad a sequel is happening since it can give us a better ending for the 00 saga. I do wonder if they will set it in spoiler[the timeskip after Setsuna left or all the way in the future after he returned]
Deacon Blues

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:57 am Reply with quote
AkaRed wrote:
But hope next year we will get a Crossbone Gundam Anime.

Oh, why yes. Sunrise will clearly waste their 40th anniversary on a craptastic manga courtesy of a once talented man who seems to infuriate sponsors and higher ups at the main office. Yes. That will definitely happen. Sorry, the series is nearly 25 years old. It won't be happening. If anything they'd need to correct F91 first.
pajmo9

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:49 pm Reply with quote
Gundam 00... that show was great... for about the first 12 episodes.

I can think of about 5 AU's I would have rather seen a sequel to. I really hope that that announcement about a new Gundam website wasn't for this.
Zeino

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:55 pm Reply with quote
On the one hand since I generally love 00 including even Awaking of the Trailblazer, I'm happy for a continuation of some kind. On the other, I really don't want a sequel that undermines all the struggles that the Celestial Being team went through over the course of 2 seasons and a movie. I had enough of that back in UC Gundam or even worse, the fanfic horror that is Gundam Wing: Frozen Teardrop which I pray never gets animated.
2TimesCrazy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:08 pm Reply with quote
I'm laughing at everyone thinking this is a anime sequel. They did a stage reading at the 00 festival and announced a sequel stage reading in 2019. There is no new anime. There is no new movie. Its not happening. The stage reading will have content post 00 Awakening of the Trail Blazer so in a sense it is a sequel to the movie and series but it's not going to be a anime. Sorry to burst everyones bubble.
Zeino

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:14 pm Reply with quote
2TimesCrazy wrote:
I'm laughing at everyone thinking this is a anime sequel. They did a stage reading at the 00 festival and announced a sequel stage reading in 2019. There is no new anime. There is no new movie. Its not happening. The stage reading will have content post 00 Awakening of the Trail Blazer so in a sense it is a sequel to the movie and series but it's not going to be a anime. Sorry to burst everyones bubble.

https://www.gundamkitscollection.com/2018/04/mobile-suit-gundam-00s-next-project.html

Seems like something far bigger than just a stage play to me.
Primus

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:59 pm Reply with quote
Deacon Blues wrote:
AkaRed wrote:
But hope next year we will get a Crossbone Gundam Anime.

Oh, why yes. Sunrise will clearly waste their 40th anniversary on a craptastic manga courtesy of a once talented man who seems to infuriate sponsors and higher ups at the main office. Yes. That will definitely happen. Sorry, the series is nearly 25 years old. It won't be happening. If anything they'd need to correct F91 first.

There is no Gundam without Tomino. Expecting him to be completely absent from an anniversary year is optimistic.
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:04 pm Reply with quote
pajmo9 wrote:

I can think of about 5 AU's I would have rather seen a sequel to. I really hope that that announcement about a new Gundam website wasn't for this.

Gundam 00 totally holds up for the first 30 episodes, then it falls off a cliff full of one sided battles, and delusional villains who arent really a threat to our heroes.
lukenago

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:05 pm Reply with quote
Good news, loved Gundam 00, excited to see where it will go Smile
grooven

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:22 pm Reply with quote
If only it erases the stupidity of that movie >.> That was so horrible.
Angel'sArcanum

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:57 pm Reply with quote
Charred Knight wrote:
pajmo9 wrote:

Gundam 00 totally holds up for the first 30 episodes, then it falls off a cliff full of one sided battles, and delusional villains who arent really a threat to our heroes.

I gotta agree with Pajmo9 actually, once Trinity was introduced, the show shot to hell. Was decent before then, but that just signaled its downfall hard.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kruszer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:20 pm Reply with quote
It's one of my favorite Gundam series, so that's pretty cool.
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:39 pm Reply with quote
I, for one, can only express my cautious optimism regarding the Gundam 01 project. (Of all potential names, this is the only sensible candidate)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Titus-A

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:38 pm Reply with quote
00 is one of the weaker of the passable Gundam series. When you got greats like Wing, X, and SEED and some of UC and AGE, 00 comes off as rather uninspiring and dull. Still, at least it's not Turn A or G-Wrecko. However, the movie was just dumb, introducing T-1000 aliens out of nowhere. Just a crappy way to end the series. I'd like for an alternate ending that completely ignores the alien crap.

On another note, Crossbone Vanguard is long overdue, and we should be getting that SEED Eternity movie by now instead of a 00 sequel.
Zetabag

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:07 pm Reply with quote
Huh
Out of all the AU universes 00 was probably the last one I expected to get a sequel considering how it ended. Though if this is set during the time skip near the end of the movie then i guess that's sort of a sequel.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4