• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gundam 00 Anime Gets Sequel Project

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChrissyC

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:53 pm Reply with quote
What can you do beyond the ending of the film?
pajmo9

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:19 pm Reply with quote
ChrissyC wrote:
What can you do beyond the ending of the film?

Get on with your life and pretend you never saw it?
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:16 pm Reply with quote
Yune Amagiri wrote:
Hallelujah ! My favorite of all the gundam, i hope to hear another opening from the brilliant green, "Ash Like Snow" was just too good.

Yup, absolutely loved Gundam 00. And yeah, that was a great OP.
jr240483

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:21 pm Reply with quote
Lynx Amali wrote:
methedemon wrote:
I am not sure if a sequel is a good idea though

There's actually a ton of wiggle room for stuff after. 00 has a really solid setting, especially if you take the 00V Battlefield Record stuff talking about the spoiler[Innovator/Old Human Civil War] and post Trailblazer events.

from the looks of things , this new project will take place after the trailblazer movie.

though i'm not too fond of a sequel either. ever since SEED Destiny which pretty much ruined the series , sequels for gundam series have been laughably bad. even season 2 of 00 left something to be desired and sequels like IBO season 2 and Build Fighters Try was worse.

pretty much a majority of gundam fans agreed that those TV series should have left well enough alone and just ended with only one season. especially for series like SEED , Build Fighters Try & IBO which didn't needed one!

though the real question is which event of the movie will this sequel take place?

is it right after the final battle or will it take place after the actual final cut scenes of the movie where like more than 50 years had passed and spoiler[ maria is an old woman now while setsuna looks the same and is in some kind of weird chrysalis form]?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:58 pm Reply with quote
AkaRed wrote:
I'm not sure how to feel about this project ????

But hope next year we will get a Crossbone Gundam Anime.

You will get Crossbone the same day we get animes of Cannon God Exaxxion and Karate Minoru. Namely never, because Bandai knows they don't need a Crossbone anime to sell Crossbone Gunpla.
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:11 pm Reply with quote
Hmm. Don't really know how to feel about this. Season 1 was great. Really good stuff. Great action, world building, and a pretty fun and well paced plot. Season 2 was a mess. The movie even worse.

I don't see the need for a new movie though and the series seemed to wrap everything up.

That said recent Gundam outings like IBO have been great. Maybe this will be too...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:12 pm Reply with quote
00 is pretty good, but the movie is on the average side. Nice Gundam designs though, but I hope this is not another movie. Give me a new side story or a true sequel that retcons the movie.
Tylerr

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:43 am Reply with quote
00 is probably my favorite gundam.

anything that's come after it has been pretty terrible

though i'm not sure where a sequel fits in, do they do it after trailblazer? That ending was kind of definitive... Maybe a prequel?
Seiya0890

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:07 pm Reply with quote
If this happens before the end of the movie, I hope Setsuna comes back to pick Feldt and makes her immortal with him...
Heishi

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:48 pm Reply with quote
Excited for this one! 00 is my favorite Gundam and I hope it will turn out good.
Kalessin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:31 pm Reply with quote
Zhou-BR wrote:
As much as I love Gundam 00, the only way I'd be interested in a sequel would be if they wrote A Wakening of the Trailblazer out of continuity.

Now that would be awesome. I detested that ending. Gundam 00 would have been far better off to leave things as they were after the show ended. But even assuming that this sequel is really an anime project, somehow I doubt that they'll go back and redo the ending.

On a side note, it seems really weird to me that Gundam 00 is already ten years old. Where did the time go...
Oby

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:30 pm Reply with quote
Whoa, we have many 00-fans who are disappointed with/dislike/hate Season 2 & the movie here. I guess that kinda makes me an endangered species who enjoy all the 00 animated entries. Maybe that's because I didn't really held so much onto "what I ideally want Gundam 00 to be after the first season" and just resign myself to see where the writers & director's vision is going and I totally enjoy it while I can still see flaws here and there but not really enough to turn me off of it. Heck, even the aliens were hinted during Aeolia's speech back in the first season so the storyteller have already planned the final act to have alien somewhat. Most people just don't like the direction as many of them started to throw shit at the show when "understanding through Quantization"-aspect was introduced and the final boss turned out to be a corrupted Innovade who have been working behind the scenes that I'm mostly okay with. It's still a fine show and the writing is miles better than Wing (seriously, take off the nostalgia goggles and watch Wing again and analyze Relena's Total Pacifism which the series treated as the ideal way for peace. It's one of the stupidest things in the Gundam animated franchise). And don't get me started on fans bashing of Try. Aside from not liking the martial arts-theme, many of the complaints comes down to "I hate Try because it's simply not the first GBF" instead of judging it on its own merit since the show never aimed to be yet another GBF. The same thing can also be applied to IBO Season 2. Some people just won't accept Season 2 that differ from Season 1.

As for this supposed sequel, if it's gonna be animated and will have a considerable runtime, I wonder if they will actually explore more about the alien stuffs making it more Star Trek-y (but with Gundams). That will certainly be interesting. Aside from 00, Gundam SEED has a teaser of an alien-life (space whales) and Gundam AGE skirted the alien-aspect by making the Martians into former-Terrans. I'd really like to see a full Gundam series where we see the humans go beyond the solar system or the galaxy and interacting with aliens without the "aliens are invading Earth"-plot.
Kalessin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:01 am Reply with quote
Oby wrote:
Whoa, we have many 00-fans who are disappointed with/dislike/hate Season 2 & the movie here. I guess that kinda makes me an endangered species who enjoy all the 00 animated entries.

A lot of folks who liked season 1 disliked season 2. Personally, I much preferred season 2 to season 1. I didn't hate season 1, but there were a number of things about it that I didn't like (particularly how the main characters were practically bad guys), and I felt that season 2 got rid of a lot of the aspects that I didn't like. I suspect that the stuff that a number of folks liked about season 1 was the stuff that I didn't like about season 1, but I don't know. Regardless, much as I really liked season 2, I hated the movie. I don't know how common that sentiment is among fans who really liked season 2, but I'm sure that there are folks across the spectrum.

As for what I disliked about the movie, spoiler[in particular, I thought that Setsuna's new gundam was completely underutilized, and I found their attempt at ending the fight by "understanding" the enemy instead of beating them and then coming to a peaceful conclusion was completely unsatisfying. Much as they like to talk about peace in Gundam series, it's the fighting that's interesting. What they did fit on some level with some of the stuff they talked about in the series, but it's also some of that stuff that I thought was completely simplistic and naive. Understanding your enemy helps avoid conflict, but plenty of folks who understand each other still can't agree and end up fighting. So, it's a good thing, but it's not a solution like they seem to want to treat it in Gundam 00. It's something that unfortunately was found from time to time in both seasons of the show and was one of the aspects that I did not like about season 2 even though I liked it much better than season 1. So, if anything, what the movie did was focus on the aspects of the show that season 2 didn't fix. That, and I confess that I found the whole alien invasion thing to be totally stupid, especially since it's not like Gundam 00 did anything with aliens before that.] Pretty much every Gundam outing seems to end up being pretty controversial though, with some folks loving it, and other folks hating it. And as with most things, I suspect that the haters are more vocal than those who liked it.
LaSean

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:37 am Reply with quote
YESSSSS!!! I was literally thinking about I wish there was a 00 sequel 10 minutes ago then I come here and see this! My prayers have been answered. Very Happy
BigHeadClan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:56 am Reply with quote
I was honestly hoping it would be a Prequel series to 00, trailblazer kind of closed things off
nicely.

Gundam 00 definitely had one of the best universes of the series though so happy to see more content being created within it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4