• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Anime Producer Yuichi Fukushima Endures Harassment Over DARLING in the FRANKXX Episode

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yazu13

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:34 pm Reply with quote
Gemnist wrote:
This kinda reminds me about that time in Naruto Shippuden, where Sakura confessed false feelings for Naruto so that he wouldn't get himself killed attempting to redeem Sasuke. I don't recall people getting harassed for that, but the fanbase still thinks she was being a thot, even though both her and Ichigo were only being protective. Either way, seriously people, grow a life.

I'll never defend the crazy behavior some fans have had over this fictional cartoon, but there is an implication that Ichigo was also doing this to get together with Hiro. Once Zero Two leaves she confesses to Hiro even though she knows he doesn't feel the same way for her. This also stabs Goro in the back for all of the times he tried to be there for Ichigo, but of course, this is all just a fictional story.

It's showing how people are flawed and possessive, and even good intentions can have less than good outcomes. As well, we're failing to take into account that the viewer knows more than the characters in the story, so the events of this episode played out organically and people need to chill.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:35 pm Reply with quote
It's fine to criticize a director, writer, producer, or actor/actress' role in a play, movie, or show. It's not fine to say that that person has no creative talent in such a field or give them any threats. Giving someone death threats over what a fictional character does or doesn't do is immaturity and foolishness to the extreme.
FtKaru

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:42 pm Reply with quote
PFdaCIA wrote:
This anime was certainly the best of last season and still manages to stand out this season. Many empty ANN criticisms did not prevent public appreciation. The anime in the matter of discussion conquered until surpassing to the funky Violet Evergarden. Originals are cool, but few people appreciate them. Sometimes writing is not superior as a Light Novel of fame, but it brings something other than the usual they entertain.

Many people have a huge prejudice with originals, but in recent times they have given us enough content to discuss. lol

You really have an axe to grind with the reviewers on this site, even when it has no relevance to the topic, huh? It's an article about studio staff being harassed, not "The Spring 2018 Death Threat Preview Guide."
MFrontier

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:44 pm Reply with quote
EleutheroMaster wrote:
They weren't the only ones, unfortunately.

Ichigo's seiyuu, Kana Ichinose might also have been receiving death threats! It was mentioned on Reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DarlingInTheFranxx/comments/8csrld/ichigo_voice_actor_alleged_received_death_threats/

I hope this doesn't hurt her career, especially since Ichigo is apparently her first ever anime role.
trilaan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:44 pm Reply with quote
Wow, these people need to be introduced to the MST3K Mantra stat!

It's just a show! You really should relax!
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:55 pm Reply with quote
Nice to get a source about the tweets I was wondering about.

As usual, death threats and attacking creators is screwed up, though. Remember kids, it's only funny if you attack other fans, not creators!
Zeino

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:02 pm Reply with quote
Shippers can be utterly insane.
CaRoss

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:14 pm Reply with quote
Zeino wrote:
Shippers can be utterly insane.

They most definitely can be. And it's disgusting. No creator or actor or anyone deserves threats like this over the story being told. It was bad enough when Sui Ishida received death threats for his decisions in Tokyo Ghoul:re, or the threats to the Kuroko no Basket fandom back in its heyday, so the fact that we still provide these people with a punishment free outlet is terrible.
jenthehen

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:18 pm Reply with quote
Dear Neckbeard anime dudebros,

It is not being a bitch, unfaithful, unfair, rude, or backstabbing for a woman to not reciprocate a man’s feelings. Ichigo has never been in love with or in a true relationship ship with Goboro. They were forced / paired together and happen to have enough chemistry to pilot a Franxx. Ichigo is in love with Hiro. She’s also doing the same desperate “I’m the nice guy choose me” act that never gets MALE characters any hate.

The show would be boring without any drama. Did people really think Hiro and Zero Two were going to snuggle and be in love this episode with no conflict? The show is only a little over halfway over.
Marzan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:38 pm Reply with quote
Fans from hell are childish, immature and unable to see the consequences of their actions. Displaying this kind of behavior over a show is madness. Can’t they throw a remote at a wall like normal people and curse Ichigo to the heavens like normal people?!
T.Silver

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:42 pm Reply with quote
I get why people are upset i really do, as i was pretty upset as well because ep 13 was so beautifuly heartbreaking, which had me really hoping for Zero Two and Hiro to truly reunite and ignite their character and relationship development . However, they decided to force in a lot of drama again and force the couple to separate once moew, which just delays and puts things back including the plot of facing the real enemy(the adults). Overall the episode just felt like a big slap in the face, but some fans are just taking it way to far. Why can't people be civil when voicing their opinions and criticism instead of acting immature and making death threats?

If there is one silver lining to this, the creators have done a great job with getting people so emotionally passionate in this series. Just the outrage alone shows that a lot of people do care a great deal about this, though the outrage is crossing lines that shouldn't be crossed.
7jaws7

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:35 am Reply with quote
I called this anime worst of the season.

“It’s not even finished yet!” they said.

I take it back. When an episode manages to illicit death threats, it becomes the worst anime of the year.
Zeino

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:47 am Reply with quote
7jaws7 wrote:
I called this anime worst of the season.

“It’s not even finished yet!” they said.

I take it back. When an episode manages to illicit death threats, it becomes the worst anime of the year.

Hate the people making the threats and generally being twats, not the show.
lorelielies

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:50 am Reply with quote
when you think about how Darling in the Franxx was compared with old previous anime more importantly the original evangelion tv series. At first I was struggling to find the resemblance but now i can see how its more related in a way the creator was also threaten by the public due to story. Humanity never changed. its kinda hilarious in a very bad way. How far did we even go?
CrowLia

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:07 am Reply with quote
It puzzles me beyond belief that people can have such a violent reaction to such a bland, clichéd plot development. It is literally the least original or interesting direction the story and characters could've gone. This exact plot development/contrived melodrama has been done to death a thousand times before! There's 10 episodes left? Do these people not know how storytelling works? These reactions would make one think Ichigo murdered 002 and had sex with Hiro in front of her dead body, jesus. I guess I gotta give the staff kudos for making Hiro such a bland, perfectly blankslate potato protagonist that the otaku in the audience can so easily identify with him and imagine 002 wants to f**k them, hence why they feel so attacked by this dumb development.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5