• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gundam 00 Anime Gets Sequel Project

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Codeanime93

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:31 pm Reply with quote
Oby wrote:
The same thing can also be applied to IBO Season 2. Some people just won't accept Season 2 that differ from Season 1.

Sorry, IBO's season 2 was one of the worst things I've seen Gundam ever do. Yes Relena's ultra-pacifism is naiive and too idealistic and it's clear even by Endless Waltz that her peace idea will keep getting squashed by some person or group, also certain ideas like destroying Gundams is also stupid. That being said IBO's season 2 I will stand by it being utter dog poo, the only part of it that works is maybe spoiler[Ashton's death and Naze's death.] The rest of that season is such a narrative cluster of garbage and disappointment.

Though ZZ Gundam had tons of bad parts too that nearly sunk it, it's probably the worst UC show penned by the series creator no less. It's also something that hampered the Char's Counterattack movie's narrative as there is no buildup to Char's craziness, which is something Tomino could of explored.
Deacon Blues

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:49 pm Reply with quote
Primus wrote:

There is no Gundam without Tomino. Expecting him to be completely absent from an anniversary year is optimistic.

You must be new to Gundam. Tomino sold rights to Gundam years ago and has often preached that it is time for someone else to take the reigns. He hasn't been around for an anniversary for twenty years now... and that was for the Big Bang Project at the 20th milestone. So yeah, the chances of him being involved on anything is pretty slim. Heck, he couldn't even get the G-Reco movie up and moving without some major begging... and it all falls on whether it does well enough to warrant more. In short: he's done with Gundam. Sorry.

Titus-A wrote:
On another note, Crossbone Vanguard is long overdue, and we should be getting that SEED Eternity movie by now instead of a 00 sequel.

Morosawa is dead as is the hype for SEED. That era is long over with and will probably never be returned to. I think Fukuda said that he probably couldn't return to it without his wife anyways and I'm quite happy for it to remain that way. Also, kudos for believing in a fabricated title!
jdnation

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:38 pm Reply with quote
ChrissyC wrote:
What can you do beyond the ending of the film?

I'd prefer they retcon the movie and ditch the spoiler[alien plot].

Gundam is better sticking to political intrigue. Season 1 was awesome. Season 2 was also enjoyable but a step down. The movie was completely off the rails for me.
Codeanime93

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:53 pm Reply with quote
Deacon Blues wrote:

Titus-A wrote:
On another note, Crossbone Vanguard is long overdue, and we should be getting that SEED Eternity movie by now instead of a 00 sequel.

Morosawa is dead as is the hype for SEED. That era is long over with and will probably never be returned to. I think Fukuda said that he probably couldn't return to it without his wife anyways and I'm quite happy for it to remain that way. Also, kudos for believing in a fabricated title!

I though Gundam 00 was dead too, was wrong about that so you never know if someone won't suddenly decide to bust out a Seed sequel anyway. Kind of the same with Code Geass.
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:27 pm Reply with quote
I'm excited, although I do feel every Gundam 00 anime is worse than the one before it. I'm excited but a little worried as well. A lot of time has passed though. Maybe the creative juices are flowing in full swing again and this'll turn out season 1 quality.
redranger

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:08 am Reply with quote
So we're getting sequels to FLCL, Code Geass and now the best Gundam series ever. Life keeps getting better and better. All I need now is a Gurren Lagann sequel from Gainax.
TexZero

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:33 am Reply with quote
I heard about the sequel then heard the thing that puts me off most....

It's not retconning the movie.
I wish it would as trailblazer was hot garbo with it's only saving grace being the Immortal Colasour.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4