• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Anime Producer Yuichi Fukushima Endures Harassment Over DARLING in the FRANKXX Episode

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kaori Makimura

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:18 am Reply with quote
Marzan wrote:
Fans from hell are childish, immature and unable to see the consequences of their actions. Displaying this kind of behavior over a show is madness. Can’t they throw a remote at a wall like normal people and curse Ichigo to the heavens like normal people?!

Exactly. Privately vent and then move on.
The problem is that 94 percent of Twitter users are immature beyond belief, regardless of age. Rolling Eyes
SpaceTheGamer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:20 am Reply with quote
Wow it's like people have never watched any anime before and have no idea how storytelling works -.-'
I mean seriously there's still 10 episodes left you idiots!
And besides this Ichigo's actions made sense and were justifiable!
I swear people have no common sense whatsoever
gpanthony

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:35 am Reply with quote
SpaceTheGamer wrote:
Wow it's like people have never watched any anime before and have no idea how storytelling works -.-'
I mean seriously there's still 10 episodes left you idiots!
And besides this Ichigo's actions made sense and were justifiable!
I swear people have no common sense whatsoever

It is not (only?) common sense that is lacking, it is self control.
Joshua Zarate

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:45 am Reply with quote
This news makes me facepalm so hard. The nerve of some people, damn. These people need to chill the hell out over an anime. Unfortunately, I doubt that this will be the last time we will hear of this type of incident happening. I certainly hope that things don’t become even worse for the people involved with the show after today.

CrowLia wrote:
It puzzles me beyond belief that people can have such a violent reaction to such a bland, clichéd plot development. It is literally the least original or interesting direction the story and characters could've gone. This exact plot development/contrived melodrama has been done to death a thousand times before! There's 10 episodes left? Do these people not know how storytelling works? These reactions would make one think Ichigo murdered 002 and had sex with Hiro in front of her dead body, jesus. I guess I gotta give the staff kudos for making Hiro such a bland, perfectly blankslate potato protagonist that the otaku in the audience can so easily identify with him and imagine 002 wants to f**k them, hence why they feel so attacked by this dumb development.

Just to interject, one simply needs to hate the people overreacting towards the creators and stupidly threatening their lives, not the show (Just because one doesn’t engage with a certain development doesn’t mean they suddenly speak for everyone and call it uninteresting as if it was a fact, but I digress.)
Lemonchest

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:02 am Reply with quote
I look forward to the "I hate this show so much I'm going to buy multiple copies just so I can film myself destroying them but maybe keep one in case I want to watch it again later" stage of nerdrage.

I wonder if we'll get one of those "the producers appreciate the passion that people feel for their product & hope that they can work to harness those feelings into producing a show that all fans will love for the rest of their lives. Please don't kill anyone okay, thanks" corporate responses?
stannisbaratheon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:53 am Reply with quote
Lol do people seriously care THAT much about the empty flat love triangle between the gary stu, some blue haired girl, and the pinked haired clinger? I think these people are just channeling their own personal issues and applying it to flat 1 dimensional characters. What's next, people making death threats over who wins in the love triangle of my on-going fanfiction between count dracula, Stormy Daniels, and Guy Fieri?
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:53 am Reply with quote
So let me get this straight, this is an article about people attacking a producer over a show?
I only ask because because nearly every response is someone moaning about the show, while kind of criticising the people for what they did, but not really because they are more focused on the show.

What I'm trying to say is if you are not going to talk about the subject, don't bother posting
ThatMoonGuy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:25 am Reply with quote
Sadly, obsession is a really dangerous thing, be it for a fictional work or a person. I do think this reaction is far from warranted and by God did I hate when the Mutsuki fans threatened Sui Ishida but sometimes I feel this is the flipside of the whole fandom culture. Some people will obsess over something and write hundreds of articles in a wiki. Others will make tons of fan art and fanfiction. Aaand some will go nuts and threaten people when things don't go their way. It's a shame but not something that will ever stop happening. If there's some solace to be had is that most of those people are all bark and no bite and would never really go through with those threats.
tee2330

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:38 am Reply with quote
There are alot of other more justified things the people cry about, like Rem not being best girl, the 500 bad harem animes, the most boring main characters ever, or any of the really bad but popular anime that's come out, and this is what get's harassment and death threats, come on people.
tee2330

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:39 am Reply with quote
There are alot of other more justified things the people cry about, like Rem being cast aside of emila, the 500 bad harem animes, the most boring main characters ever, or any of the really bad but popular anime that's come out, and this is what get's harassment and death threats, come on people.
HueyLion

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:42 am Reply with quote
"Anime was a mistake"

Clearly
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:44 am Reply with quote
Damn “hardcore fans”. Stop being like the Voltron fandom!
AkaRed

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:46 am Reply with quote
jenthehen wrote:
Dear Neckbeard anime dudebros,

It is not being a bitch, unfaithful, unfair, rude, or backstabbing for a woman to not reciprocate a man’s feelings. Ichigo has never been in love with or in a true relationship ship with Goboro. They were forced / paired together and happen to have enough chemistry to pilot a Franxx. Ichigo is in love with Hiro. She’s also doing the same desperate “I’m the nice guy choose me” act that never gets MALE characters any hate.

The show would be boring without any drama. Did people really think Hiro and Zero Two were going to snuggle and be in love this episode with no conflict? The show is only a little over halfway over.

Except that Bitchigo (I use this because I hate the character not the show or even the producer) have screwed her teams big time with her egoism, Hiro can first only work with Zero Two and second I bet my pack of Kitkat that her pair will be less effective because Goro will be less connected with Ichigo so Delphinium will have a lack of power, making her whole team in jeopardy. She isn't fit to be a leader nor she is fit to pilote a Franxx.

A true leader knows what's best for her team and the effectiveness of said team.

I'll add also that now that Hiro don't have a pair what the adult will do with a dead weight ? And since it was hinted, my bet is that they will get ride of Hiro. Lucky for him that he have plot armor because he is the protagonist. But one can tell me that Hiro can die for plot purpose.

As for the death threat once I saw this episode and mostly the comment section of the website I saw said episode lol I was 100% that death threat will happen Anime hyper People are so so so idiot and way to overboard for fictionnal stuff.

I wish people were more energic with actual REAL WORLD problem.
GlassesMan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:21 am Reply with quote
This is pathetic. Anime fans really can be cringey.
jenthehen

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:33 am Reply with quote
AkaRed wrote:
jenthehen wrote:
Dear Neckbeard anime dudebros,

It is not being a bitch, unfaithful, unfair, rude, or backstabbing for a woman to not reciprocate a man’s feelings. Ichigo has never been in love with or in a true relationship ship with Goboro. They were forced / paired together and happen to have enough chemistry to pilot a Franxx. Ichigo is in love with Hiro. She’s also doing the same desperate “I’m the nice guy choose me” act that never gets MALE characters any hate.

The show would be boring without any drama. Did people really think Hiro and Zero Two were going to snuggle and be in love this episode with no conflict? The show is only a little over halfway over.

Except that Bitchigo (I use this because I hate the character not the show or even the producer) have screwed her teams big time with her egoism, Hiro can first only work with Zero Two and second I bet my pack of Kitkat that her pair will be less effective because Goro will be less connected with Ichigo so Delphinium will have a lack of power, making her whole team in jeopardy. She isn't fit to be a leader nor she is fit to pilote a Franxx.

A true leader knows what's best for her team and the effectiveness of said team.

I'll add also that now that Hiro don't have a pair what the adult will do with a dead weight ? And since it was hinted, my bet is that they will get ride of Hiro. Lucky for him that he have plot armor because he is the protagonist. But one can tell me that Hiro can die for plot purpose.

As for the death threat once I saw this episode and mostly the comment section of the website I saw said episode lol I was 100% that death threat will happen Anime hyper People are so so so idiot and way to overboard for fictionnal stuff.

I wish people were more energic with actual REAL WORLD problem.

You’re not wrong, actually - from the perspective of the surface plot of the show. I was looking more from what all this Mecha fighting nonsense is clearly trying to symbolize in terms of relationships and sex, I guess.

But yeah - it’s totally normal to be emotionally invested in a work of fiction. Hell, you SHOULD be or else that work is definitely lacking. It’s ok to be dissapointed and criticize plot developments, but for the love of god - take a step back and be a reasonable human.

I think it’s also irking people that THIS plot development is evoking such hate when there are many more problematic and important issues that the show is dancing around (and we are waiting to see how the pieces fall into play) that people should worry more about when it comes to criticizing the creators. Death threats are never ok either way.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5