• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
This Week in Anime - Uma Musume Means Horse Girls

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
njprogfan
Collector Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:31 pm Reply with quote
So, I passed on this series...but damn, you have me interested....
ultimatehaki

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:42 pm Reply with quote
I'm sure this will appease all the people who were asking for shows not being reviewed to be covered here. Y'all welcome.
H. Guderian

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:10 pm Reply with quote
I like running, I like pretty girls, I like this show. But pretty girls in pretty outfits that run? Alright, I'll see it through. And if you consider how Show Horses are judged on Dressage (performance, grooming, style, training) then you have the other half of horse shenanigans. It'd be funnier if they would commit to that part of th joke more. Just adding in a song and dance just isn't the same. We'll see.
CatSword

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:52 pm Reply with quote
Is anyone else having trouble remembering horse girls outside of the main two or three? I feel like this is aimed at fans of the game who are already familiar with the characters.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:29 pm Reply with quote
CatSword wrote:
Is anyone else having trouble remembering horse girls outside of the main two or three? I feel like this is aimed at fans of the game who are already familiar with the characters.

They do show the characters' names every episode, if I'm not mistaken, so that helps.

For some reason, I keep thinking El Condor Pasa's name is El Psy Congroo. That may just be because Steins;Gate 0 is also airing this season though.

While it isn't Kei Oikawa's best work, even this season (Hinamatsuri), I've liked this show so far. It's a decent enough genre piece and doesn't look bad, though I wish the idol segments looked like that PV that was referred to in the article. That part wouldn't seem so tacked on if they actually, ya know, showed them singing and dancing for more than a split second.
Mad_Scientist
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:28 pm Reply with quote
I was so sad to see this series foal through the cracks and not get picked up for daily streaming reviews, I cried until my voice and throat were horse. But I should have known you two would be ready to pony up and cover it for TWIA, so it's not a complete nightmare. Was a fun read, as this show certainly falls into both your fields of expertise, though I admit wasn't expecting you to cover this show right out of the gate like this.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:52 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Do horse girls live as long as humans, or do they live as long as horses? We don't see any horsewomen, so it seems like the former

That would still not explain the relative dearth of horsewomen, although Special Week's birth mother was one, so they obviously exist.

Apparently horsegirls mature at human rates, or we'd be watching toddlers racing, or the girls would be 2-3 years old while looking like teens (which could be the case I guess, but it doesn't seem like it). But they may still have the lifespan of horses, which can live to well over 30 with attentive care. Run fast, die young...
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:02 am Reply with quote
Mad_Scientist wrote:
I was so sad to see this series foal through the cracks and not get picked up for daily streaming reviews, I cried until my voice and throat were horse. But I should have known you two would be ready to pony up and cover it for TWIA, so it's not a complete nightmare. Was a fun read, as this show certainly falls into both your fields of expertise, though I admit wasn't expecting you to cover this show right out of the gate like this.

I like the puns you put in here.
Kidkidd

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:38 pm Reply with quote
I've been looking forward to this since the original pv years ago, before it was even anounced that it would be a full anime. So far it hasn't disappointed. Its absurd in all the ways i hoped it would be.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1