• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Love Pistols Manga Creator Draws Call Me By Your Name Novel Cover

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Morgan B.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:10 pm Reply with quote
ABOUT DAMN TI- I mean, I love the fan art for CMBYN. That said, I’m really curious as to how both Tsuda and Irino will handle this one since it won an Oscar and all.
ericarreza

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:29 am Reply with quote
I thought this news is about Your Name (or Kimi No Nawa) but it was different. Laughing

Anyway, I wonder if Call Me By Your Name could make it into an anime film adaptation based on a novel/live action film & then nominate it to the Academy Awards (The Oscars) for Best Animated Feature Film in the near future? [But hey, the live action film version of Your Name is on the way but unfortunately the anime version didn't make the cut for an Oscar nod last year.]

And if ever, if there'll be an anime movie version of CMBYN, will the Academy gonna like that & allow them to be nominate for Best Animated Feature Film & the movie version is a 100% yaoi in nature? But the anime film, When Marnie Was There which was produced by Studio Ghibli is a yuri type (I think?) of an anime & made it to an Oscars nod on that same category in 2016. We'll see about that, so time will tell if this will become a reality or not.

And finally, yes, we will wait & see for the live action film version of Your Name in the near future & if that one will make it to the Oscars nod like Best Picture, Best Adaptation Film, etc. unlike in the original anime film then there's a poetic justice right there. Cool
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1