• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Duplicate Persons.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DanQ

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:20 pm Reply with quote
Yuri NAKAMURA
person#62400 (correct)
Yuri NAKAMUA
person#51585 (typo)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
mrsatan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:01 pm Reply with quote
CURRENT NAME: Ryoka YUZUKI (545)
OLD NAME: Ayumi NAGASHII (30045)

She also did some live-action manga adaptations in the '90s like "Do-Chinpira", "Eko Eko Azarak" "Angel of Darkness 3", and "Black Jack 2: Pinoko Aishiteru" under the name Kanori KADOMATSU (角松かのり).

https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/柚木涼香#年譜
mrsatan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:04 pm Reply with quote
mrsatan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:16 pm Reply with quote
CORRECT NAME: Shohei KOHARA (30024)
Alternate name (Incorrect?) : Shohei OBARA (20451)

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Shōhei_Kohara
The official romanization of "Kohara" comes from the novelization of "The Humanoid".

Last edited by mrsatan on Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
4kidsidentifier

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:18 am Reply with quote
I. Lisa Ann Beley (person#4325) (full name), Lisa Anne Beley (person#20016) (spelling variant) and Lisa Beley (person#3940) (shorter variant)
“Anne” has shown up in some ending credits ranging from Sherlock Holmes in the 22nd Century (Guest Voice) to Mobile Suit Gundam: Encounters in Space to Gundam SEED (for Murrue).

In more recent years the Lisa Beley name used in Gundam Wing has become more apparent, as seen between her Twitter activity, her workshops, and her stage work.

II. Georgette Reilly (person#7398) (main name), Georgette Riley (person#42518) (variant) and Georgette Timoney (person#83817) (married name)
Reilly is Bill Timoney’s wife, as presented by articles such as this one. Her Voice123 page (presented as Georgette Reilly Timoney) includes her roles from Daphne in the Brilliant Blue. Her Voices.com page, meanwhile, has the same header name but was made under the name “gtimoney”, as seen by the URL.

III. Advah Soudack (person#167163) (correct spelling) and Advah Soudak (person#153949) (variant)
Vancouver-based electronica producer/composer Adriane Lake also does photography, and has an album of headshots of the Vancouver-based actress on her Flickr account, spelling her last name as “Soudack”.

IV. Kaytha Coker (person#3657) (correct spelling) and Kathya Coker (person#5988) (erroneous spelling)
Kathya was added for Steel Angel Kurumi given that Matt Boudreaux (#5987) and Aiden Griffin (#5989) had their sole roles in this anime. The following screenshot, however, proves that Kaytha was credited, and that Kathya was simply a mistype.

V. Maggie Blue O’Hara (person#1086) (with apostrophe), Maggie Blue O Hara (person#16935) (without apostrophe) and Maggie Ohara (person#53460) (variant)
Maggie Ohara (or rather Maggie O’Hara) was how she was credited in the BLT dub of Curse of the Blood Rubies (for playing Bulma).

VI. Rachel Hirschfeld (person#25033) (full first name) and Rache Hirschfeld (person#126108) (Mistype)
First name appears to be cutoff on the end. Ironic, as it’s usually her last name that gets misspelled.

VII. Jenny Shima (person#138134) (main name) and Jenny Skidmore (person#157361) (birth name)
This English-speaking, Japan-residing vocaloid VA was born Jennifer Skidmore and married Takuya Shima in 2010 (YouTube username: jenniferskidmore).

VIII. Fran Saporito (person#35828) (main name/correct spelling) and Frances Sapporito (person#158899) (variant)
Despite the 2 ‘p’ spelling of her last name in the latest Yu-Gi-Oh! movie’s credits (0:48), her LinkedIn proves that the 1 ‘p’ spelling used in all prior instances is correct.

IX. Karen Strassman (person#7109) (correct spelling), Karen Stassman (person#40833) (misspelling) and Karen Stressman (person#87133) (misspelling)
Included on Strassman’s voice resume is “RUROUNI KENSHIN: TALES OF THE MEIJI” (the range of Rurouni Kenshin episodes within which Itsuko Katsu appears in).
“Stressman” meanwhile was added alongside a few France-residing, English-speaking VAs for On a Paper Crane - Tomoko's Adventure with what appear to be educated guesses (from #87130 to #87135). Unless there were actual credits and sources beyond "watching the anime", the inclusion of “Stressman” appears to be based moreso on Strassman’s known fluency in French rather than the potential geographic factors of the dub (note: based on the entry id numbers, these were clearly added before the known roles of this France-based talent pool in the AB Groupe dub of the Dragon Ball movies came to light about three years ago).

X. Caren Manuel (person#38528) (correct name), Vanessa Yardley (person#53802) (erroneous name), Christina Rodriguez (person#56907) (erroneous name?) and Kelly Davis (person#48903) (erroneous name?)
…OK, this last one’s a doozey.
This post is the main reason why Caren Lyn Manuel is Marina in the “Legend of Thunder” portion of Pokemon Chronicles. However’s there a lot more that needs to be understood as to how all these other names came to be.

-“Vanessa Yardley” comes from an IGN thread that somehow came to the conclusion that because Chronicles was aired first in the UK, different characters had different names (not just Vincent/Jackson). This is also a potential source as to how Carlos Alazraqui of all people came to be credited for Pokemon Chronicles on here. However, as the credits screenshots for The Legend of Thunder provided at the start of the section prove, neither Yardley or Alazraqui is credited (or Wayne Grayson for that matter), bringing into question just how Yardley came to exist in the first place.

-“Christina Rodriguez”, like Amy Birnbaum, is a name that somehow became associated with Stella of 4Kids’ adaptation of Winx Club. However, as The Cutting Room (and being listed under “Lead Voices” in ending credits) will tell you, Caren was Stella (as well as Darcy) in Winx Club [the article also includes Pokemon Chronicles, though not the character she plays in it]. Maybe there was confusion with this Christina Rodriguez? Otherwise I’m stumped. (additional note: “Radger Parsons” [Rodger Parsons] was person#56908)

- “Kelly Davis” from Sigma 6 is a bit more difficult. The source says TV.com (whose horrendously erroneous cast list is still there after all these years), but it instead says Kelly Ray (whom Tom Wayland said was not the same person as “Christina Rodriguez” in the article attached to the latter). Kelly Ray’s main TV.com page does also include Marina from Pokemon Chronicles, as does her page on MyAnimeList (including the “Kelly Davis” handle), but Kelly Ray and Kelly Davis aren’t linked together in too many more places than that. However, if Kelly Ray was never credited for any of her actual roles (i.e. not Marina) or otherwise officially mentioned as anything other than Kelly Ray, then she simply cannot be this supposed “Kelly Davis”, as Caren Lyn Manuel is Marina. I’ll close with the Kelly Davis page on BTVA, which states that she is also known as Christina Rodriguez (again, Christina Rodriguez ≠ Kelly Ray) and Kelly Rodriguez, as if to bridge a supposed gap between those supposed names that supposedly existed.

Last edited by 4kidsidentifier on Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
mrsatan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:38 pm Reply with quote
Lugamo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:39 am Reply with quote
I. Azul Valadez (person#158099) and Azucena Valadez (person#167173). Her artistic name is Azul Valadez.
II. Guillermo Rojas (person#48623) and Memo Rojas (person#167171). Memo is a diminutive of Guillermo. Mostly credited with Guillermo Rojas.
III. Adrián Wowczuk (person#98829) and Adrián Wowchuck (person#168875). Wowchuck is a mispelling used in one credit of Yo-Kai Watch.
IV. Mauricio Villarroel (person#130477) and Luciano Fox (person#130466). In an interview for ANMTVLA, he confirmed that Fox is his acting alias. However, Mauricio Villarroel should be the main name as he's mostly an ADR Director, acting only occasionally.
V. Jesus Cortez (person#24167) and Jesús Cortés (person#166766). Main name: Jesús Cortés.
VI. Carlos Wilheleme (person#148311) and Carlos Wilehelme (person#166716). Accurate spelling is Carlos Wilheleme.
JackCox

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:24 pm Reply with quote
Dave TROSKO (39604)
David TROSKO (42613)

are the same person and should be merged.
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:27 pm Reply with quote
JackCox wrote:
Dave TROSKO (39604)
David TROSKO (42613)

Which one is he most commonly credited, or does he use both about evenly?
JackCox

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:03 pm Reply with quote
EmperorBrandon wrote:
JackCox wrote:
Dave TROSKO (39604)
David TROSKO (42613)

Which one is he most commonly credited, or does he use both about evenly?

I think it's about even. I believe I've seen David a lot more but i can't tell.
JackCox

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:32 pm Reply with quote
Domonique French (143409)
Dominique French (134845)

Are both the same person, however Dominique with an i is a misspelling the first one is the correct spelling with an o.
Lapin noir

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:33 am Reply with quote
According to their Sakuga@wiki entry, the correct reading of 川妻智美 is Tomomi KAWATSUMA (166388). Tomomi KAWAZUMA (85827) is therefore an incorrect reading, and the credits listed at Sakuga@wiki indicate that these are the same person.
JackCox

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:10 am Reply with quote
Andrew Chandler (9197)
Andrew T. Chandler (31218)

Are the same person. I think the first name was used more than the 2nd one.
JackCox

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:14 am Reply with quote
Tara A. Williams (30703)
Tara Williams (36374)

Both are the same person she seems to use the first name a lot more but basically this person is the talent coordinator at Funimation.
Takkun4343

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:47 am Reply with quote
This is assuming the English spellings from B: The Beginning are correct.

Osamu Ii (accurate)
Kura Ii (27788) (inaccurate)
Osamu Li (39241) (inaccurate)

Takahisa Katagiri (117140) (accurate)
Kiyu Katagiri (58672) (inaccurate)

Yoon-ji Kim (102224) (accurate)
Yun Ki Kim (49860) (inaccurate)

Sayo Motegi (34541) (accurate)
Sayo Mogi (39229) (inaccurate)

Fujiko Oomori (78895) (accurate)
Nichiko Oomori (58850) (inaccurate)

Naho Seiike (accurate)
Naho Kiyoike (76611) (inaccurate)

Yuri Naminoue (72388) (accurate)
Yuri Namigami (71600) (inaccurate)

Narihito Sekikawa (72377) (accurate)
Naruhito Sekikawa (38606) (inaccurate)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 104 of 143