• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Man Arrested for Sending Death Threats to Actress Non

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:00 am Reply with quote
While it is hard to know when an online threat is just a joke or when it is a legit threat, I am glad this guy got arrested. When you make death threats, that's where I agree the free speech argument kind of goes out the window.
Afezeria

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:23 am Reply with quote
Yeah, have fun in prison, dumbass. Probably karma will bite back even worse and you will be killed there yourself by another inmate. Now, what to do about all those death threats that were given to the studio, director and Ichigo's voice actor due to Darling 14th episode...
H. Guderian

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:32 am Reply with quote
This one was probably considered actionable. What some people tend to gloss over is how possible the threat is. A few years ago there was a big kerfuffle about threats, then the FBI took a peak and found most of the threats came from a minor or unrelated 3rd parties clearly out to cause shit.

Japan tends to be on top of these issues, as you do have, two years ago maybe, when a 'fan' attacked an AKB idol with a knife at a handshake event? I think that was it.

Perhaps similar was the case here. This was a 47 year old man, and I bet had attended/was near where the actress was. though that's a call for law enforcement to make, as they have the tools to determine real threats.
Panino Manino

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:03 am Reply with quote
What was his "motive"?
belvadeer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:56 am Reply with quote
Seems you can't go one day without hearing someone doing something like this. I wonder what his reason for this was.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1