• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Duplicate Persons.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JackCox

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:23 pm Reply with quote
Sam Grun (130210)
Samuel Grun (125485)

Both Same Person, Sam Grun seems to be the name he's credited under more.

Greg Taylor (12222)
Gregory Taylor (136254)

Greg Taylor is the name he's credited under and I'm almost 100% Certain his credit for Vampire Princess Miyu is not him as he's an ADR Engineer primarily and works on Funimation stuff

Daniel Caskey (135738)
Dan Caskey (164475)

Are the same person, no idea which name he uses more.
JackCox

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:01 pm Reply with quote
Didi Duron (67785)
Didi Archilla (143659)

Both are the same person, she is married and took the last name Archilla and that's the name she currently uses more.
mrsatan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:10 pm Reply with quote
Incorrect name: Kazuko SASAI [58550]
Incorrect name: Ikko SASAI [169557]
CORRECT NAME: Icco SASAI
source: http://icco.jp/bio.html
4kidsidentifier

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:20 pm Reply with quote
I. Dorothy Elias-Fahn (person#4819) (main name) and Midge Hayes (person#48973) (misspelling of alias)
Fahn was credited for Tenshi in Grenadier as Midge Mayes, as the screenshot below proves. Based on this thread and the “but we already know this role is FALSE for this person [credited as Dorothy Elias-Fahn]” text that pops up, the role was added under Fahn and later removed in favor of “Hayes”, thus barring the role from ever being added under Fahn, and by extension, any of the aliases since merged into her page (Mayes included).

II. Robert Gemaehlich (person#152102) (full name, correct spelling), Robby Gemaehilch (person#152022) (variant, misspelled last name) and Robby Gemaelich (person#158926) (variant, misspelled last name)
Though regularly credited as “Robby Gemaehlich”, Robert’s (full first name) is the only one that got the spelling right when added here. His agency profile identifies Robert as playing bit roles in both One Piece and All Out!! (just in case he was always credited as “Robby”; this was the case for the cast announcements for Convenience Store Boy Friends and Zoku Touken Ranbu: Hanamaru.).

III. Eric Rolon (person#168672) (correct spelling) and Eric Rolan (person#165283) (misspelling)
Desiré from Black Clover is included on Rolon’s resume.

IV. Colleen Clinkenbeard (person#20342) (correct spelling), Colleen Clinkerbeard (person#110586) (misspelling) and Colleen Cinkenbeard (person#123915) (misspelling)
Simple misspellings (for “Cinkenbeard” I checked her role in Michiko & Hatchin, given that #123916 had his sole role there. Colleen’s last name was spelled as “Clinkenbeard” in ending credits for both instances [eps 12 and 16]).

V. Crispin Freeman (person#1074) (correct spelling) and Crispen Freeman (person#34632) (incorrect spelling)
Misspelled, as previously dismissed. The “Crispen” spelling has also been seen in such games as Tales of Symphonia (for Regal Bryant) and Pirates of the Caribbean: The Legend of Jack Sparrow (Will Turner and 3 others)

VI. Dorian Harewood (person#159009) (correct spelling) and Darien Harewood (person#21058) (incorrect spelling)
As seen in Astro Boy’s ending credits.

VII. Stephen Root (person#105104) (correct name) and Stephen Roots (person#105103) (mistype)
Clear case of mistype entered before correct one

VIII. Danielle Judvoits (person#53581) (main name) and Danielle Nicole (person#129464) (first and middle name/alias)
Days after the official cast announcement for the Viz Media dub of Sailor Moon, Judovits closed the name gap between her and the Danielle Nicole credited for Naru Osaka. Nicole is her middle name (source).

IX. Eddie Frierson (person#3089) (real name), Christy Mattewson (person#30718) (alias, misspelled) and Christy Matthewson (person#60480) (alias, misspelled)
Misspellings of Christy Mathewson alias already merged into Frierson’s page.

X. Kirsten Potter (person#50805) (correct spelling), Kristen Potter (person#60670) (misspelling) and Kristen Potten (person#53278) (misspelling)
Straightforward, given known first name spelling. See also these.

XI. Richard Kronenberg (person#163768) (main name) and Rich Kronenberg (person#163765) (variant)
Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D’s included on Richard’s resume with TMNT and Viva Pinata.

XII. Serena Varghese-Gonzalez (person#99763) (main name) and Serna Varghese (person#40469) (misspelling)
Misspelling of Serena Varghese (from when Gravion Zwei was added based on surrounding entries)

XIII. Wendy Powell (person#10070) (correct spelling) and Wndy Powell (person#68067) (misspelling)
This.

XIV. Cole Howard (person#54999) (correct order) and Howard Cole (person#45050) (reversal)
Straightforward.

XV. Isa Alsup (person#169080) (correct spelling) and Isa Atsup (person#23876) (misspelling)
As seen in Duel Masters’ ending credits (0:20).

XVI. Ed Goldfarb (person#149549) (correct spelling) and Ed Goldfard (person#127672) (misspelling)
Song information is from the ending credits (3:47) of Diancie and the Cocoon of Destruction [theme was reused for movie] (see 3:52 for better visual reference of same name).

XVII. Kathryn Raio (person#107181) (correct spelling) and Kathryn Rao (person#127803) (misspelling)
Rao was credited for Season 15 (Rival Destinies), but was changed to Raio for the related song’s reuse in Kyurem vs. The Sword of Justice. Raio is correct as seen on her official website.

XVIII. Amy Sasaki-Lipkowitz (person#73481) (current main name/correct spelling), Amy Saski-Lipkowitz (person#135638) (mistype) and Amy Lipkowitz (person#29991) (variant/previous main name)
“Saski” comes from Future Card Buddyfight Hundred, which actually spelled Sasaki correctly in its ending credits (24:23)

XIX. Jan Deny (person#2982) (correct name) and Jany Deny (person#16929) (mistype)
Deny’s first name is written as the usual “Jan”, as seen in Infinite Ryvius’ English ending credits:

XX. Petrea Burchard (person#3390) (correct spelling) and Petra Burchard (person#169237) (misspelling)
“Petra” exists due to FUNimation misspelling her name in the cast announcement for Ai Tenchi Muyo!

Last edited by 4kidsidentifier on Wed May 02, 2018 6:12 am; edited 1 time in total
mrsatan

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 1:21 pm Reply with quote
Correct name: Akira KIMURA (10331)
Some other staff guy(s) with the same name are also mixed in here.
Incorrect name: Horo KIMURA (31829)
https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/木村幌
mrsatan

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 2:01 pm Reply with quote
rizuchan

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 1:54 pm Reply with quote
Katori Shigematsu (id=13723) and Atori Shigematsu (id=68803) are the same person.

Japanese wikipedia says that "Atori" is the correct pronunciation.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
mrsatan

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 5:44 pm Reply with quote
Wataru TAKAHASHI (seiyuu) [147651] has changed his name to Wataru URATA.
https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/浦田わたる
http://swallow-p.com/va_urata.html

EDIT:
I noticed another anomaly entering credits for Cutie Honey Universe [20543].
One of the voice actors is Ryosuke Takahashi (高橋良輔).
It was entered as Ryousuke TAKAHASHI [5620]. However, I think this is NOT the anime director doing the voice, but a different guy with the exact same name:
http://swallow-p.com/va_takahashi.html
He has no anime credits listed there, but Cutie Honey Universe has been using a lot of people from this Swallow agency.
Primus

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 5:15 am Reply with quote
Lugamo

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 1:26 pm Reply with quote
I. Nadia Polack (person#170448) [credited under that name on Yo-Kai Watch's S02E26] and Nadia Polak (person#169271). Given her credit on American Ninja Warrior, the accurate spelling is Nadia Polak.
II. Agustina Cirulnik (person#170129) and Agustina Priscila (person#93373). Full name: Agustina Priscila González Cirulnik, according to the credits in High School Musical 3. Her artistic name used to be Agustina Priscila, as she was credited under that name on High School Musical, Pokemon: Jirachi Wish Maker and Pokémon: Destiny Deoxys. She was credited as Agustina González in Sonic X. Agustina Cirulnik is her current artistic name according to her YouTube channel.
III. Anette Ugalde (person#52833) and Annette Ugalde (person#37028). According to Doblaje Wiki, Annette (with double "N") it's the misspelled version.
IV. Javier Olguín (person#50673), Javier Olguín Vega (person#170513) and Javier Olguín Vera (person#170256). Vera is a mispelling, Javier Olguín Vega is his full name and Javier Olguín his artistic name.
4kidsidentifier

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:01 pm Reply with quote
I. Dana C. Booton (person#11970) (main variant), Dana Booton (person#55663) (variant), Dana Tafoya-Booton (person#107431) (variant) and Dana C. Tafoya-Booton (person#36932) (non-existent variant)
Dana C. Booton was the name she used most in the span of her career from Saban to Film Roman. Dana Booton is closer than others as being a primary identifier, based on her LinkedIn (recent credited works also forego the “Tafoya” part of her name), and while the all-inclusive “Dana C. Tafoya-Booton” may hit all the bases, it was simply never used, as seen in Transformers: Robots in Disguise.

-Additional note 1: Dana Booton started out as a Post Production Coordinator for the ‘90s X-Men animated series, was promoted to an Executive Producer later on, and finally changed her name to Dana C. Booton later still.

-Additional note 2: While Dana C. Booton was credited as an "Executive in Charge of Production" in the ending credits of Tamers, Dana Tafoya-Booton was credited as an "Executive Producer" in the opening credits for the last 10 episodes (replacing Eric S. Rollman from the first 41 eps). This partial difference between these two staff titles existed in many Saban shows.

II. Kimberly S. Moreau (person#58994) (correct spelling) and Kimberly S. Midreau (person#11926) (misspelling)
As seen in Digimon Tamers’ ending credits (0:05).

III. Phillip A. Raves (person#94838) (correct spelling) and Phillip A. Rayes (person#11949) (misspelling)
As seen in Digimon Tamers’ ending credits (0:16).

IV. Inez Zamachaj (person#158668) (correct spelling) and Inez Zamachai (person#11950) (misspelling)
As seen in Transformers: Robots in Disguise (0:17) and Digimon Tamers’ ending credits (0:16).

V. Ron Kenan (person#23645) (correct spelling) and Ron Kennan (person#11956) (misspelling)
As seen in Digimon Tamers’ ending credits (0:19).

VI. Jim Wheeler (person#40878) (correct spelling) and Jim Wheelor (person#11958) (misspelling)
As seen in Digimon Tamers’ ending credits (0:21).

VII. Roy Tomer (person#94854) (correct spelling) and Roy Tower (person#11962) (misspelling)
As seen in Digimon Tamers’ ending credits (0:21).

VIII. Jeffrey Arthur (person#158673) (correct spelling) and Jeffery Arthur (person#36933) (misspelling)
As seen in Transformers: Robots in Disguise (0:22) and Digimon Tamers’ ending credits (0:23).

IX. Glenn Scott Lacey (person#26666) (full name) and Glenn Lacey (person#36920) (variant)
As seen in Transformers: Robots in Disguise (0:18) and official website.

X. Fatboy Slim (person#163110) (stage name) and Norman Cook (person#163113) (alternate name)
His official Facebook identifies him as "Norman Cook aka Fatboy Slim". Norman Cook is an alternate name he performs under and is closer to his real name: Norman Quentin Cook, though he is still primarily known as Fatboy Slim.

XI. Terry T. Marlin (person#51335) (most complete name), Terry Marlin (person#11967) (most common name) and Terry Martin (person#11917) (erroneous name)
Saban staff member who went on to Studiopolis. For “Martin”, Marlin without MI was used for RiD while Marlin w/ MI was used for Daigunder.

XII. Bart Myer (person#1123) (correct spelling) and Bart Meyer (person#9264) (variant)
This theatre company website (now 404’d) included his picture, last name spelled as “Myer”, and something to the effect of ‘He also voiced a few characters in DBZ’ in his profile’s description. Initially, “Myer” was used in the Garlic Jr. Saga. However, the “Meyer” spelling wound up being used later on for both Bardock: The Father of Goku and the Android Saga.

XIII. Dana Halsted (person#7396) (correct spelling) and Dala Halsted (person#51893) (misspelling)
Halsted’s first name was spelled “Dana” in Vol. 2 (eps 5-8) but misspelled as “Dala” in Vol. 3 (eps 9-12) for her credited role of (Yurie) Kitagawa in Genshiken.
https://i.imgur.com/gwSwb6D.jpg (ep 5)
https://i.imgur.com/zC0EQ3v.jpg (ep 9)

XIV. Todd Garbeil (person#61270) (correct spelling) and Tobb Garbeil (person#51894) (misspelling)
Garbeil’s first name was spelled “Todd” in Vol. 1 and 2 (eps 1-8) but misspelled as “Tobb” in Vol. 3 (eps 9-12) for his credited role of Mr. Chairman in Genshiken. He had previously not been credited directly to the character proper (ala the Japanese cast), as he had been caught in the “Additional Voices” net for the same role in those episodes.
https://i.imgur.com/hD3Np1S.jpg (ep 1)
https://i.imgur.com/zC0EQ3v.jpg (ep 9)

XV. Steve Cassling (person#24811) (real name) and Steve Areno (person#4576) (alias)
From his Facebook, dated March 16, 2014:
Quote:
GREAT day in L.A. (with Spencer) reconnecting with friends from Boston U. that I haven't seen in over 30 years. Then a beautiful Memorial for Kevin Seymour, a wonderful, very unique human being who directed so much of the anime that I did over the years. It was a great turn out and so nice to see the old anime gang including my old band-mate and 'Giant Robo' brother Steve Blum.

His ”brother” is in reference to Steve Blum voicing the Tetsugyu to his Taiso. Not only that, but his KBHR official profile notes that Cassling was in anime such as Ambassador Magma and Love Hina, both credited to Areno.
horseradish

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:03 pm Reply with quote
According to Toho, 坂巻 麻弥 should be read as Maya Sakamaki not Mami Sakamaki.

Maya Sakamaki (#170824) (correct)
MAmi SAKAMAKI (#15071) (misreading)
Primus

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:06 am Reply with quote
Richard Dumont (person#14997)
Richard M. Dumont (person#71087)

He's been credited under both versions, but officially goes with the acronym on his website.
horseradish

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:21 pm Reply with quote
Lupin the Third

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:11 pm Reply with quote
Itta Kobayashi (#13150)
and
Kazuta Furubayashi (#6540)
both appear to be the same person, but both names are incorrect.
He should be Kazuhiro Furubayashi.
Source: TOHO's official Movie Database
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 105 of 144