• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Attack on Titan 3rd Season's Promo Video Reveals July 22 Premiere (Updated)

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
-SP-

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:10 am Reply with quote
At least this one is coming out a lot sooner than the second season.
Sahmbahdeh

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:11 am Reply with quote
Hot damn, this looks awesome. Although I'm a little concerned/confused as to why it's starting so late. Will it have a reduced episode count?
Ethe

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:39 am Reply with quote
This new arc is my least favourite, so it's gonna be kind of a pain to get through. But hey, more Historia is always a good thing.

Sahmbahdeh wrote:
Hot damn, this looks awesome. Although I'm a little concerned/confused as to why it's starting so late. Will it have a reduced episode count?

Judging by the PV they released a while ago, this season is probably gonna have 24-26 episodes. Of course, that's just speculation, and to be honest I wouldn't mind if it only had 1 cour. The more episodes an anime has, the harder it is to keep animation quality consistent.
sim0n2170

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:42 am Reply with quote
Ethe wrote:
This new arc is my least favourite, so it's gonna be kind of a pain to get through. But hey, more Historia is always a good thing.

Sahmbahdeh wrote:

Judging by the PV they released a while ago, this season is probably gonna have 24-26 episodes. Of course, that's just speculation, and to be honest I wouldn't mind if it only had 1 cour. The more episodes an anime has, the harder it is to keep animation quality consistent.

Yonkou confirmed on Twitter it will be 24 episodes long
Ethe

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:46 am Reply with quote
sim0n2170 wrote:

I see. Thanks! Let's hope for the best Razz
Nordhmmer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:57 am Reply with quote
sim0n2170 wrote:

Two arcs adapted back to back,a bit of the glass being full or empty,as that will pretty much catch up to the manga.
danpmss

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:31 am Reply with quote
This arc is full of worldbuilding and and it's also very information and dialogue heavy, not to mention not being many titans until the very last part of it.

Action-focused fans won't be too pleased, but anyone wanting some expanded lore goodness and tons of interesting foreshadowing will like it so much more than the other seasons.
Crystalyn
ANN Managing Editor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:37 am Reply with quote
To note, there's no official confirmation yet of the show's episode count. As soon as we can confirm it, we'll write a follow-up article.
mulletZERO

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:42 am Reply with quote
Dang! I thought for sure Hochuu Otsuka would be cast as Kenny. However, I'm sure Kazuhiro Yamaji will do great! It's also great we're getting another 2-cour season, if that's true.
Time Bandit

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:12 am Reply with quote
As a huge Levi fan, I approve of this season. The story gets pretty in depth in this arc too, so looking forwards to getting a nice refresher on that since it's been a white since I read the manga. Kenny looks pretty awesome too.
dmanjdb

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:29 am Reply with quote
Wait...

This is showing on NHK?

That's a big deal right?[/quote]
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:56 am Reply with quote
Crystalyn wrote:
To note, there's no official confirmation yet of the show's episode count. As soon as we can confirm it, we'll write a follow-up article.

You folks should keep up the great and hard work!
MarkyMarc413

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:19 am Reply with quote
A July 22nd start date did seem a little odd to me, but I just ran through my calendar and noticed if season 2 runs for 24 straight weeks, episode 24 would air on December 30th, right around when the fall season would end. Having a later start might also help them get things done ahead of time, rather than rushing out later episodes.

Then again. It could be a split-cour season. But agreeing with others, based on the first pv, season 3 will cover 2 major arcs and will likely be 2 Cour.

-Marc.

Last edited by MarkyMarc413 on Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:20 am Reply with quote
Great trailer! I look forward to more Titan.

Nordhmmer wrote:
Two arcs adapted back to back,a bit of the glass being full or empty,as that will pretty much catch up to the manga.

No. Two anime cours should adapt all the way to chapter 85 of the manga. According to Wikipedia the manga has 104 chapters. There is more than enough material to adapt.
relyat08

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:51 am Reply with quote
This trailer is LIT. Very excited. And while I hope the staff has the time they need, I also really hope this is a two cour season(Both Yonkou and Moetron are saying it will be, so I'm pretty sure it will be). I just need this whole story animated.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2